Benfica matches away then home will let us know how good we really are.

I think if we can get 2 or 3 points from the double header we are doing really well, realistically I think it will be 1 point.

We will have space to attack, we have speed in Kent and either Jones or Barker.

Hopefully, they recognise this and are slightly wary of our attacking possibilities.

I have no fear in this game, we are probably expected to lose so we can play with no need to take chances.

If we do manage to come out on top over both these matches, do we get to keep Portugal? Cos let's face it, our record against their best teams is superb - Benfica the only one we haven't faced (and beaten) in recent times.

Will be tough games undoubtedly but I'm as confident watching us in Europe as I've ever been so I'm going for 2 wins and qualify as group winners with 2 games to play. Cigars oot and relax.

Why do posters keep looking at the next set of games claiming this is going to be a proper test where we will find out what the team is made of?? Enjoy the run we are on at least for a fleeting moment ...

Seemingly Kilmarnock is going to be "massive" at the weekend as well. Let's face it they are all massive this season in the league.

I would say the next two games against Benfica are probably the least "massive" we will face all season because if we lose both we could still be in a comfortable position to qualify. They are free hits for us and if we get some points out of the double header then great but it won't define our season.

At this point in time I would be happy with one win over the 2 games but I would never write us off to pull out all the stops and win both games

Your only as good as you are on the day. No point doing well against teams like Benfica and drawing with mediocrity like Hibs

3 points over the two games would be good. More than that and like most I would be over the moon and would be a great showing from the squad.

Their only defeat this season has been PAOK in CL. They beat Lech Poznan 4-2 away which was a great result for them. They're clearly a quality side. However, it's safe to say we'll be competitive. Some of the one touch football last night and in other games recently has been breathtaking. We'll definitely create chances and with our defence looking pretty organised and mostly solid, who'd bet against another clean sheet? Can't wait!

Benfica are top of the Portuguese league having won 5 out of 5, scored 15 goals and conceded only 3, with 2 wins in Europa League, away then home.
This will be a proper footballing test for us.
A draw away and a home win would be my optimistic hopes for us, but this will be a big ask.
What's your view on these 2 big games for us?
They won’t really. Also we did well enough against Porto and we’ve got a better squad now

I would put Benfica up there with Leverkusen so think it will be a massive test. Granted, I don’t watch much football out with us so could be miles off.

they clearly are a good side but the way we setup in Europe means we'll get chances on the break just need to be clinical

My main worry is the number of games at the moment. Hope the guys are in peak condition to keep powering through. Each team in Europe has presented a different type of challenge and Benfica will be the biggest so far.

We get this every year, I am sick of it. Rapid will be a big test, middtylland (sp) will be a big test, Feyenoord, Porto, etc, etc, etc...

We are a very good and competent European team.

Galatassary & Standard were were ‘proper tests’ which we passed but it’s daft not to accept that Benfica will be a step up.

We can give a good account of ourselves but it will need to be better than last night.

I think next Thursday will be our first defeat of the season. No shame in that either and since we've got the 6 points already there isn't a lot of pressure on us.

I don't know if they are Leverkusen good, but they don't look far off it. Settle for any points against them over the two games, a win would be superb and almost guarantee qualification early doors.

Back