Benfica not Barcelona!

fact we won 2-0 away to standard benfica only beat them 3-0 at home our defence guarantees us at least 2 points over the 2 games al take 4 points for the famous over both games...some fans on here are talking them up as world beaters don’t make me laugh!

fact we won 2-0 away to standard benfica only beat them 3-0 at home our defence guarantees us at least 2 points over the 2 games al take 4 points for the famous over both games...some fans on here are talking them up as world beaters don’t make me laugh!
Benfica have started as well as us this season albeit played less games! This will be a tough tough game!

They beat lech 4-2 away and we only managed 1-0 at home

if that’s how results go then we will draw with benfica with your logic

You don’t happen to be the caller on Radio Clyde the other night that said we would beat Barcelona do you?

I love your optimism. I don’t love the lack of commas. I thought Standard Benfica were a team when I read the first line.

When the draw was made I didn't think there was a big gap between all the teams and I didnt think we would fear anyone. We had a great chance from the offset to qualify and now that opportunity is even greater so if we split the points in the double header, that's a tremendous start

Let's beat Killie first and see how it works out

Hmmm no idea how those games will go. Our record against the Portuguese is brilliant of late. I’d probably take a point over the two games and that leaves us two games against teams we’ve already beaten to qualify

How does our defence 'guarantee' us 2 points? That's like saying our defence guarantees we'll not lose a goal or a game this season, which is patently nonsense.

Benfica have won their first 5 league games but have played weaker opponents . Papped out the CL by PAOK .

they have a few well known names in their squad and some sprinkling of quality , but so do we .

I dont think they’re as good as is being made out . I reckon we will surprise a few people and take 4 points

If only FIFA 21 was real eh. Where u been anyway ? In a French jail or whit.?

5 posts since 2018, another poster to be watched.

Standard gave us a difficult game, Benfica were pissing all over them last night while looking for the opener. Thats the difference in levels.

Sorted then. Kilmarnock should be a stroll then too because they drew with the scum and then we beat them 2-0. So if you carry the one and apply the Duffy formula then they presto, 3 points Rangers. Cheers OP I feel much better about Sunday and Thursday now.
Seriously though Benfica at home is a good test for us let's now be so naive.

We will get a draw away and beat them at Ibrox, book mark this.
I am confident we are going all the way to Gdansk (yes, i did need to google this)

If we had a full Ibrox, I'd be confident about a home win.

As it stands, be happy if we can avoid defeat in both games. Would leave us requiring a win to progress in all likelihood.

2 points or more in 2 games against Benfica will leave us in a fantastic position.

Any win puts us basically through.

Standard gave us a difficult game, Benfica were pissing all over them last night while looking for the opener. Thats the difference in levels.

We were pretty comfortable against Standard. I don't think there is any big "difference in levels".

It will be a tough game next week but we've beaten better than Benfica already in Europe so lets see what happens.

Back