Benfica not Barcelona!

What a bubble you must live in op.

Do you watch any other football bar Rangers or possibly the English premier league??

Benfica are an outstanding team, their manager is one of the most top rated, their individual players are better than ours. We need to do what we have did with Porto last year to get anything and that is be a team greater than any individual.

Hmmm no idea how those games will go. Our record against the Portuguese is brilliant of late. I’d probably take a point over the two games and that leaves us two games against teams we’ve already beaten to qualify
I think this is our first ever competitive game against Benfica? Seems odd considering how much we've played the other two.

We were pretty comfortable against Standard. I don't think there is any big "difference in levels".

It will be a tough game next week but we've beaten better than Benfica already in Europe so lets see what happens.
Comfortable yes but you could see there is decent quality in the Standard squad. We deserved our win with a great performance. But we wont piss all over Standard like Benfica did.

Comfortable yes but you could see there is decent quality in the Standard squad. We deserved our win with a great performance. But we wont piss all over Standard like Benfica did.

Didn't watch the Benfica game last night so can't comment too much but I fancy us to beat Standard even more comfortably at Ibrox than we did over there.

They might no be Barcelona but they are Benfica. Anybody thinking these games will be less than a challenge are deluding themselves.

Poznan, the supposed whipping boys, turned out to be a tidy outfit so there are no easy games in this.

We’ll be underdogs against Benfica which will suit us and there is no doubt we’re good enough to give them a game. It will be two very difficult ties.

I think we will go over there and get a draw at least. There’s no pressure on us to get points and it’s the type of game that suits our style to a tee.

Or more people not learning from past seasons.

It's not the fans fault we failed past season.

We are allowed to dream. The fans getting excited about future games will have absolute no bearing on the outcome of sundays result.

But if you mean protecting the support from disappointment then fair enough but that's about it.

It's not the fans fault we failed past season.

We are allowed to dream. The fans getting excited about future games will have absolute no bearing on the outcome of sundays result.

But if you mean protecting the support from disappointment then fair enough but that's about it.
Or not giving the yahoos ammunition mate. we look silly if we start that nonsense, and it bites you on the arse.

Or not giving the yahoos ammunition mate. we look silly if we start that nonsense, and it bites you on the arse.

Ammunition. You mean like some patter on social media?

I'm not sure what bearing thatll have on our game. I understand why folk say it but I also dont understand why fans ain't allowed to look forward and make some predictions whether it turns out or not as if itll make a difference to our score on sunday.

For me a couldnt give a monkey's what some mentally challenged writes on social media if a result doesnt pan out.

I think we'd all bite their hand off for a draw next week. Indeed, a draw at home would not be unacceptable. Win our home game to Liege and one other draw now and we are through

fact we won 2-0 away to standard benfica only beat them 3-0 at home our defence guarantees us at least 2 points over the 2 games al take 4 points for the famous over both games...some fans on here are talking them up as world beaters don’t make me laugh!
Did you just start watching football this season ? What a ridiculous point. How are we are in anyway guaranteed 4 points?

fact we won 2-0 away to standard benfica only beat them 3-0 at home our defence guarantees us at least 2 points over the 2 games al take 4 points for the famous over both games...some fans on here are talking them up as world beaters don’t make me laugh!
Each game creates its own story, one that is hard to predict but can be exciting as it unfolds! You just cannot give yourself points before even earning them!

Last season we drew and won against the eventual league winners of Portugal. It'll be a tough game no doubt but we're a different animal this year and although there's a chance we will lose, I reckon Benfica will be weary of us. We've got as much chance of winning the game as they do.

Seems easy. Would you mind doing my fixed odds for me?

In the current Europa league format, Benfica have never been beaten at home in this competition.

A total of 23 games, 19 wins and 4 draws.

It’ll be a tremendous achievement to get a result

yeah not caring about Benfica just now, Killie is my concern for now.

All I will say is, yeah they are not Bayern but they are still a very capable and dangerous team. One that will play very different from what we face in Scotland and of the two teams we have faced so far.

Benfica are an excellent side and if they beat us I'll have no problem with that. The OPs logic is seriously flawed. I'm only interested in securing 3 points at Killie on Sunday playing on a carpet.

benfica were always going to be the toughest in the group, a very good side, if we can get a win and a draw in the games against them it would do me, a big ask, but we can do it.

I think It is going from a tough game last night to playing on that his awful pitch on Sunday that will worry people. We can only hope that our players aren’t assaulted on Sunday and get the correct amount of recovery time.

The point is that having done the business already against the "weaker" teams in the group 1 point over both games would be fine. If we do better great, I hope we do, but we don't need to because we have been professional and ruthless when we had to be. Europe is just becoming a routine part of our business these days, we turn up, punch at about our weight and collect our winnings.

Up there with leverkusan extremely tough 2 games, Dont expect any points over there and will have to play well to get any points at Ibrox. I expect whether we qualify or not will come down to a victory in any of the other 2 games

I'm not answering this - except I just have. Kilmarnock first then worry about Benfica. Certainly do not recall anyone comparing them to Barcelona and of course they are really good team.

I'd take two points in two games right now. Not taking away from us, we are a great team now and proud of our exploits in Europe but Benfica are Leverkusen level IMO.
I'd put them more at Porto level, they spend big money, but lose their best players. They must find it difficult to have any real consistency. Having said that, we are currently aspiring to be selling at their level too. I'd be very happy with 2 points.
If the Lech and Standard split the points it would be good for us.

I'm hoping for a minimum of 4 points over both game. Are they much better or any better than what Porto or Villarreal were? Genuine question

Let's get Kilmarnock out of the way first.
Concentrate on one game at a time.
Agree with this. We were poor last night but still got the job done.

I would rather we did our talking on the pitch.

Benfica are a CL side playing in the EL. They just sold a defender for £65m and spent a vast amount this summer, the kind of sums we can only dream of.

I reckon we can get 2-4 points over the 2 games but we cannot underestimate them.

Let's get Kilmarnock out of the way first.
Concentrate on one game at a time.
Jesus Christ man how many threads need to have this as an early reply with tons of likes. I honestly don't get it.

Are the team more likely to drop points on Sunday because there's a thread on FF about possibly taking points in the next game?

Wish folk would stop stifling the discussion with this pish.

Jesus Christ man how many threads need to have this as an early reply with tons of likes. I honestly don't get it.

Are the team more likely to drop points on Sunday because there's a thread on FF about possibly taking points in the next game?

Wish folk would stop stifling the discussion with this pish.

Just woke up ya doughnut.

Back