Bengaluru FC

talkingsportsjacket

Doing a bit of digging on our partnership club in India .
They are Champions in India ,although they have a complex system ,and are heavily backed by the JGW group ,with their chairman Sajjan Jindal the top man in the company valued at 11 Billion US Dollars.
Called "The Blues" they play in a 25,000 stadium in Bengaluru (formerly known as Bangalore) that has a population of 10 million ,in an area of Karnataka that has over 60 million in the region in total.
They are still trying to finance a stronger infrastructure in football in a country that has little appetite for it.
Still think its a good move in our part.

They are Champions in India ,although they have a complex system ,and are heavily backed by the JGW group ,with their chairman Sajjan Jindal the top man in the company valued at 11 Billion US Dollars.
Called "The Blues" they play in a 25,000 stadium in Bengaluru (formerly known as Bangalore) that has a population of 10 million ,in an area of Karnataka that has over 60 million in the region in total.
They are still trying to finance a stronger infrastructure in football in a country that has little appetite for it.

Cool story bro

I visit Bengalaru (Bangalore) a couple of times a year. It’s a bustling city that has a lot of modern buildings going up. It’s a software city and has a lot of young Indians working for big multi nationals that I believe are really starting to “westernize” the city.

I was there in February but unfortunately they didn’t have a home game but I’m planning on catching a game on a future trip if we ever get back to normal.

Only just realised there are two premier leagues in India. Assumed the one Davie Robertson got Real Kashmir promoted into was the only one.

Can they play in Europe

There’s not been one successful Indian football player since the game was invented

Over a billion people live there and football has only been professionalised in the last few years. It’ll take time, but the law of averages suggests you’re going to get some decent footballer if you stick with it!

Over a billion people live there and football has only been professionalised in the last few years. It’ll take time, but the law of averages suggests you’re going to get some decent footballer if you stick with it!

name me one professional player in past 100 year in Europe

Yeah I looked into these guys at the time we signed them. They’re not an insignificant club. And they’ll be in the next AFC CL when it happens. Most of their banners and chants are in English too. The league seems to have massive influence from over here. It should give us a lot of exposure if the advertising is done properly.

Only issue I have with this is since the initial announcement the only mention of them by us is on the very bottom of the club website as a wee button.

I hope they’re pushing us over there more than we’re pushing them!

Back