Benitez: “We cannot compete against Bournemouth money”

Don’t think that’s relevant. Bournemouth are a small club that had just been promoted to the top league for the first time. I’d imagine their squad would’ve been among the lowest paid in the league.

And it’s not bullshit. Newcastle can’t compete with other Premier League teams for players because Ashley will not pay the going rate. Every team in the EPL have broken their transfer record in the past few seasons except Newcastle.
Ok, yours and Buffalos points taken but, in my opinion, there is a difference between can't and won't. Newcastle certainly could compete with Bournemouth, as someone pointed out they have much bigger crowds, finished higher, so should be more attractive to players.

Both Parties are stuck to a £5m buy out clause.

He resigns, he pays £5m
Sacked, he gets £5m.

3 year deal finishes in the summer, when he will leave and Ashley will bring in a Cockney mate of his.

He would have been gone last January if that wasn't in the contract.

Fat Mike is a cancer.

This plus I believe the Newcastle fans absolutely adore him , he is way better than being manager of a club in that state and under control of Fat Mike

Ok, yours and Buffalos points taken but, in my opinion, there is a difference between can't and won't. Newcastle certainly could compete with Bournemouth, as someone pointed out they have much bigger crowds, finished higher, so should be more attractive to players.

Pretty much the point were making.

The players can't move if Ashley won't bid for them :D

You are absolutely correct. But that is the main point of this thread, a club with the cash and crowds like Newcastle, with a genuine world renowned manager are forced to fight with far smaller clubs due to an owner who is an absolute parasite in footballing terms.

Not in many people's natures to down tools, but by %^*& if I was in Rafa's shoes and employed by that fucking slug then I'd be going all out to get the team pumped every week and relegated as often as possible. Would soon see how wedded the bastard Ashley is to the contract then.....

No idea how he ended up at a basket case club like Newcastle, his CV prior to that is quality.

Valencia
Liverpool
Internazionale
Chelsea (interim)
Napoli
Real Madrid

Then them, it doesn't make sense. Only logical explanation is he's earning an absolute fortune.

https://www.football365.com/news/be...rL5_N0-sjXvMvGsn7JTTeLazM4t2qi08mE4TdgJO2nHAQ

Benitez: “We cannot compete against Bournemouth money”
Date published: Saturday 12th January 2019 12:32

PA.36229607.jpg

Rafael Benitez believes a top-ten challenge is currently the maximum Newcastle United can possibly hope for, but that even that is beyond them this season.

The Toon boss said: “I said before, I wanted to come to England, to stay close to my family and then this club was an opportunity, to be in one of the top 10.

“You have the top six and then you could be there – between the seventh and the 10th. That was my view.

“We were trying. We couldn’t save the team in the first year and then we won the Championship, so we said ‘OK, now, is the time’.

“Then you say the first year is quite difficult, but we finished 10th, now is the time. Then it’s the third year, and you try, you try, but… [sigh].

The reality is that we have to compete in a division when we cannot compete against Bournemouth, who are spending money,” he added.

“Forget about the top six, we have to compete against the others and we have to be realistic.

“That doesn’t mean you are negative. Realistic, because you have the experience.”
The reality is, the fat bastard chooses not to compete with Bournemouths money, not they can't.

So you're saying he's been a success then ? A shite manager would have seen them back in the championship again.

Flukes like Leicester aside , you don't often see a team of plucky losers guided to the top of their sport because they have a good coach.
Winning a cup tie against a bigger team can be considered a fluke.

Winning a 38 game league can't .

Isn’t the sign of a good manager someone who has success on a tight budget and brings out the best in average and or players discarded by other clubs he’s spent tens of millions to me he’s bang average and moans like phuck all the time about no money
You would think after the years of adversity we went through with the fat bastard people would understand how dificult Ashley makes it for a club with just 10% shareholding, imagine that but with full control.

The guy is poison.

You would think after the years of adversity we went through with the fat bastard people would understand how dificult Ashley makes it for a club with just 10% shareholding, imagine that but with full control.

The guy is poison.
Aye the guy is poison but tumsheeheed is spot on about bringing out the best in average players. Benitez is there to do just that mate

Aye the guy is poison but tumsheeheed is spot on about bringing out the best in average players. Benitez is there to do just that mate
I don't know mate, you can see the exasperation in Benitez every season

I think Ashley is profiteering from Benitez' stress levels. Leave Benitez stressed with no cash and too guilty to leave while he rakes the cash in probably.

If I was a Newcastle fan I'd be unhappy because once Benitez leaves that's them finished

I don't know mate, you can see the exasperation in Benitez every season

I think Ashley is profiteering from Benitez' stress levels. Leave Benitez stressed with no cash and too guilty to leave while he rakes the cash in probably.

If I was a Newcastle fan I'd be unhappy because once Benitez leaves that's them finished
No doubt Ashley is cnut but I'm sure Benitez isn't particularly stressing.
As for Newcastle fans, they should stop going and funding fat boy by buying the merchandise

No doubt Ashley is cnut but I'm sure Benitez isn't particularly stressing.
As for Newcastle fans, they should stop going and funding fat boy by buying the merchandise
I think Ashley has Benitez in a stranglehold without transfer funds

While he probably has onerous contracts so that Newcastle pay him onerous contracts and not anyone separate from him

When Ferdinand was trying to defend the fat pr*ck on BT Sport (due to his own business interests) it was pointed out to him that Newcastle’s income from the EPL this season will be around £150M, Fat Mike has allowed them to spend £6M on transfers.

I think Ashley has Benitez in a stranglehold without transfer funds

While he probably has onerous contracts so that Newcastle pay him onerous contracts and not anyone separate from him
Agree about transfer funds but surely that's where Benitez should be getting the best out of what is an average team.

They have one of the best managers in Europe and they are basically telling him to shop in Farmwoods for players. Just a complete waste. Very surprised he has not walked away from Newcastle and Fat Mike.

I don't particularly like Newcastle but they deserve better than Mike Ashley, a support that size and loyal deserve someone with ambition and willing to invest to make them challenge to be in the top 6.

The EPL is fucked when a club like Newcastle is claiming they cant compete with fking Bournemouth. One of newcastles stands is bigger than the whole of bournemouths ground ffs

It is without question Ashley is a lady's front bottom - that is a standalone point.

I would say though Benitez stock isn't as high as it once was, he was desperate to manage in England as it suits his home life as it is pretty known he wants to be close to Liverpool.

Being the manager of Newcastle has worked for him as well.

He isn't the manager he once was.

Wonder if the poets would go for him considering his family are settled in liverpool and he wants to stay in the UK if Brenda leaves in the summer, plus he's out of contract.

He will have other and better options. In fact, he will have a shitload of other and better options.

Defeatist nonsense tbh - I am guessing he never watched the league when Leicester won it??

I truly despise the fat bastard

The world would be so much better off if he would just hurry up and croak.

Back