Benitez: “We cannot compete against Bournemouth money”

mdingwall

Administrator
https://www.football365.com/news/be...rL5_N0-sjXvMvGsn7JTTeLazM4t2qi08mE4TdgJO2nHAQ

Benitez: “We cannot compete against Bournemouth money”
Date published: Saturday 12th January 2019 12:32

PA.36229607.jpg

Rafael Benitez believes a top-ten challenge is currently the maximum Newcastle United can possibly hope for, but that even that is beyond them this season.

The Toon boss said: “I said before, I wanted to come to England, to stay close to my family and then this club was an opportunity, to be in one of the top 10.

“You have the top six and then you could be there – between the seventh and the 10th. That was my view.

“We were trying. We couldn’t save the team in the first year and then we won the Championship, so we said ‘OK, now, is the time’.

“Then you say the first year is quite difficult, but we finished 10th, now is the time. Then it’s the third year, and you try, you try, but… [sigh].

“The reality is that we have to compete in a division when we cannot compete against Bournemouth, who are spending money,” he added.

“Forget about the top six, we have to compete against the others and we have to be realistic.

“That doesn’t mean you are negative. Realistic, because you have the experience.”

the sooner rafa gets the f@ck outta there the better i feel,,,he is far too good a manager to be firefighting constantly at the behest of a horrible c@nt of an owner

Fat Mike must have him tied to some horrendous contract. Only reason he's still there.

Both Parties are stuck to a £5m buy out clause.

He resigns, he pays £5m
Sacked, he gets £5m.

3 year deal finishes in the summer, when he will leave and Ashley will bring in a Cockney mate of his.

He would have been gone last January if that wasn't in the contract.

Fat Mike is a cancer.

Newcastles record signing is still michael owen 14 years ago, Benitez has worked wonders with the budget he has been given by that fat basstrd.

Isn’t the sign of a good manager someone who has success on a tight budget and brings out the best in average and or players discarded by other clubs he’s spent tens of millions to me he’s bang average and moans like phuck all the time about no money

He’s far too good for Newcastle.

I believe he’d have a team that spent the money like Bournemouth punching above their weight.

Isn’t the sign of a good manager someone who has success on a tight budget and brings out the best in average and or players discarded by other clubs he’s spent tens of millions to me he’s bang average and moans like phuck all the time about no money

So you're saying he's been a success then ? A shite manager would have seen them back in the championship again.

Flukes like Leicester aside , you don't often see a team of plucky losers guided to the top of their sport because they have a good coach.

Unbelievable that such a good manager is spending his time keeping Newcastle’s heads above water while the fat man gives him scraps to spend in relative terms.

That's exactly how I look at it. He's seen as some sort of saviour for clinching promotion 2nd in the Championship behind the last manager that did it...Hughton.

(yes I know they ended up winning the league, but Brighton secured promotion first)

Disagree. The net spend over the last two years is 50 million. They will earn 250 million in TV money alone. They should be on par with the likes of Everton. Ashley not only trousers money via his loans and he also has them up to their eyeballs in debt to him. A bastard in every respect.

I thought he'd harm his CV by going there but he's actually enhanced it. Hope he gets away from the parasite owner soon though

The Newcastle fans need to turn the heat on fatty but for some reason fail to see the bigger picture.

Give the fat bastard no money. Don't renew your season ticket and stay out his tat emporiums.

He doesn't care about them or their club. He is obsessed with money and thinks the world owes him.

Fat bastard

The Newcastle fans need to turn the heat on fatty but for some reason fail to see the bigger picture.

Give the fat bastard no money. Don't renew your season ticket and stay out his tat emporiums.

He doesn't care about them or their club. He is obsessed with money and thinks the world owes him.

Fat bastard
Sadly for them the TV money they get probably reduces the impact of doing that.

Wonder if the poets would go for him considering his family are settled in liverpool and he wants to stay in the UK if Brenda leaves in the summer, plus he's out of contract.

Fat Mike must have him tied to some horrendous contract. Only reason he's still there.

I heard something about a ridiculous contract he was under at Newcastle, was surprised at Benitez getting tied into something like that, all was thought he was pretty shrewd.

And they know it.

Lee Charnley, off record, told fans that Season Tickets and match attendances even halving wouldn't effect them.

And he is right.
This is the downside to the EPL money. There's no incentive for dodgy owners to go above the minimum required.

Both Parties are stuck to a £5m buy out clause.

He resigns, he pays £5m
Sacked, he gets £5m.

3 year deal finishes in the summer, when he will leave and Ashley will bring in a Cockney mate of his.

He would have been gone last January if that wasn't in the contract.

Fat Mike is a cancer.

That makes perfect sense. I knew there must've been something preventing him from walking. Mind boggling the time Rafa has wasted at Newcastle.

This is the downside to the EPL money. There's no incentive for dodgy owners to go above the minimum required.

IIRC, Since Ashley bought Newcastle they have a net spend of £2m.

This is when Clubs like Bournemouth are paying out £19m on untried youngsters.

It will never come out where all the money is going, but this is also at the time Ashley still holds a £142m + debt against them.

At the end of his 3 year term he will surely regret having wasted all that time under the fat slug's thumb.

At the end of his 3 year term he will surely regret having wasted all that time under the fat slug's thumb.

From people down there he loves the city, loves the fans, love the club, just the wrong time for him.

I don't think (Liverpool apart and even then it wasn't like the Newcastle fans) he has ever been at a club where the fans worshipped him, he is now and I think thats why he signed the deal when they went to the championship.

He's done a cracking job at Newcastle under the circumstances. I hope they invest in him or he leaves to join a club that will.

Arguably one of the best 25 managers in the World. I’m amazed he is still there and how little credit he is getting.

Free agent in the summer though?

Aye but he couldn't leave before then or he had to pay the fat man million apparently, someone mentioned it above. He's certain to leave in the summer if he's free to.

Bull,,,, Bournemouth have only lost one player, they didn't want to, in the last three years and he went to Newcastle ( under Benitez ) when they went down to the Championship. Why? Because the reportedly trebled his wages.

That fat bastard has his grubby hands in the tills again and pulling out tens of millions to help support the high street stores he is ruining. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Because there is absolutely no way you can have 50,000 through the turnstiles, Top 10 Premier League money,a monopoly on the city, players leaving for decent money every season, not spending much as the record transfer of £16m was made over a decade ago and still being incapable of competing financially with teams way below you in terms of TV money and 1/5th the attendance.

Bull,,,, Bournemouth have only lost one player, they didn't want to, in the last three years and he went to Newcastle ( under Benitez ) when they went down to the Championship. Why? Because the reportedly trebled his wages.
Don’t think that’s relevant. Bournemouth are a small club that had just been promoted to the top league for the first time. I’d imagine their squad would’ve been among the lowest paid in the league.

And it’s not bullshit. Newcastle can’t compete with other Premier League teams for players because Ashley will not pay the going rate. Every team in the EPL have broken their transfer record in the past few seasons except Newcastle.

What bit is Bull Einstein :D

Trebling a players wages from £15k to £45k a week isn't comparable to Bournemouth spending £19m on a young player this summer when Newcastle last spent near that £16m , over 13 years ago, before the EPL went truly mental with money.

Back