Benitez agrees to stay at Newcastle

Papers reporting "Rafa Benitez WAS approached by Marseille and AS Roma - but told them he's in talks with Newcastle United" - not a single mention of Separate Entity FC. Actually don't understand the heat on here, even our mentally challenged-obsessed media are hardly making the connection. It's a non-starter outside of sellick slophouses.

Papers reporting "Rafa Benitez WAS approached by Marseille and AS Roma - but told them he's in talks with Newcastle United" - not a single mention of Separate Entity FC. Actually don't understand the heat on here, even our mentally challenged-obsessed media are hardly making the connection. It's a non-starter outside of sellick slophouses.

It's only on here he's been linked, mentalists.

He's only ever been mentioned to Celtic in the bookies.

Hopefully Moyes with Wayne Rooney brought back from DC United for a few cameo roles on a massive salary/pension booster to placate the hordes. A la Roy and Jobbie Keane, Ian Wright , and that Welsh boyo etc.

Last edited:
It was a tough choice right enough.

Increase your multi million pound a year contract at a big EPL club (albeit one run by an odious fat bastard) or head north for less to a club plagued by an historical child abuse scandal that threatens to empty the biscuit tin if found guilty of covering it up.

Yup, I could imagine many a sleepless night tossing that one over.

If Benitez becomes the manager of those orcs in the east end I will put a sock full of shite over my head and walk about wearing it for the day.

I placed a wager with the Celtic fan i sit beside in work that'll I'll become a Vegan if they appoint Benitez.

For my waistline I kinda hope he is their next boss :))

I hate them as much as the next man but they’re on 8iar and on the cusp of a triple fecking treble, how the hell can you call them irrelevant? Stopping them winning the league next season is a task of monumental importance.
A lot of our internet fans have the league won next season at a canter already.
Celtic have been shite this year, yet hardly dropped a point, or conceded a goal since we beat them at xmas.
They're about to win a 3rd treble in a row and just finished 9 points ahead of us (even after beating them twice) we have a big job on our hands bo matter who their manager is.

Celtic have been shite this year, yet hardly dropped a point, or conceded a goal since we beat them at xmas.
They're about to win a 3rd treble in a row and just finished 9 points ahead of us (even after beating them twice) we have a big job on our hands bo matter who their manager is.

It’s still been a closer thing than it appears. It’s come down to last minute winners by them, and last minute concedes by us.

Last minute winners might feel good but too many of them are never a good sign as Warburtons last few games showed. Also losing last minute goals is earlier to fix than if your being horsed 3-0 and dominated every game.

Whilst you're right about their stats on paper. If you've watched them since Lennon was put in charge they're a completely different side. They scored 3 last minute winners that basically won them the league.

Not only that, but half their squad is off in the summer and there's a massive rebuilding job required.

Weren't you claiming it was going to be Lennon?

Based on a scouting trip to France or something?

could still be. seems like its between them. So mad jungles were saying lennon would take a step back from managing and become a head of recruitment type.

If he wins the cup tomorrow, then he would feel extremely hard done to not be offered it and he wants it.

Moyes seems to be the talk of the steamie but in the media circles.

Now they're being linked with Kollner, a manager who's first job was Nurnberg in 2017.

He got sacked in February with them bottom of the league, and they ended up getting relegated. LOL.

Some nugget on KDS saying that Mourinho is the man and his agent has been meeting with Celtic's reps in an Italian restaurant in Glasgow :D

I play 7s with a couple of Celtic fans and both said they wouldn't take Mourinho 'because of what he done to them in Seville'. Apparently they still hate him because they felt his Porto side were play acting in the UEFA Cup Final! :D

Not only that, but imagine actually thinking that they could knock back someone like Mourinho.

They were never going to get someone better than Rodgers was for them. The idea that they could is a daydream by their deluded fans.

Lennon or Moyes should give us the best chance of doing something due to the styles they adopt. That's before we even mention the rebuilding job there that has to be done in a matter of a few weeks. That's why I cannot see them going left field with a foreigner, too big a risk.

Some nugget on KDS saying that Mourinho is the man and his agent has been meeting with Celtic's reps in an Italian restaurant in Glasgow :D

Good thing it wasn't a Spanish restaurant, or one photo of the waiter and the Benitez bets would fly in!

Back