Benitez agrees to stay at Newcastle

3-FFF9993-EEBC-486-F-BDB0-53-FE59-B3-B8-B1.gif

Amazing that at half 7 in the morning there's Rangers fans that can update you with today's fresh odds on next mentally challenged manager.
ps BOOKIES ODDS MEAN %^*& ALL.

I did not realise Andre Villas-Boas has been out of the game since November 2017.

He has. Was over in China filling his wallet. There’s definitely a risk with this appt but he wouldn’t cost what Benitez or that ilk. If it wasn’t for tiar he would be the type they’re after for sure

Out in Ibiza at the moment, speaking to a mhank who informs me moyes has been about their training facility this week. However he told me it’s going to be Benitez and wait for it.........Stevie g is going to Newcastle as Ashley wants to get one over on King
That’s a speshul type of mental. :D

A poet put on the huddleboard last night offering out a £500 charity bet that Benitez would be their manager. This prompted the hoardes to lump their giro on bringing the odds back down.

Why the poster wouldn't just gave put his money on at the bookies when it was 7/1 then give a donation to charity if he really wanted I dont know.

Well, we are as well not turning up next season according to Kerryfail. They say Benitez to them is happening and it instantly gives them 10iar.

They're bonkers

I am not sure he will stay with Newcastle, lot of rumours down here he is heading back to Spain, however no chance , not one, of him going to Celtic.

It would cost them the thick end of £10m for 1 season if you are including his buyout clause and that is glossing over the fact his whole reason for falling out with Ashley is lack of investment in the team, Imagine him when told Gary Hooper and the likes are his targets his next season.

Him staying or going is dependant on Ashley and how much money he gives him to spend, if he does go, he won't be heading North.

Roma said he rejected then and the reason was he was staying out at Newcastle.

I expect him to leave Newcastle into a decent job but not Celtic

I can't wait until something official is announced with Rafa so all this nonsense about him going to the tims will end.

Last edited:
I'm seriously worried about this now. This just won't go away and tthere's just too many rumours flying about for there to be nothing in it. It would be an absolute disaster for us if they got him.
There's nothing to worry about.

Even if he does get it, he won't last there. Benitez is famous for falling out with CEO's / Sporting Directors when he doesn't feel like he's getting money to spend in the transfer market. Him and Lawwell won't last a year.

The two of them are incompatible, and that's one of the reasons why he's not going there.

He's a high profile manager with massive European pedigree. If he agrees to go there it means that he has been guaranteed huge amounts of cash to spend. Plus his name alone will be enough to attract potential signing targets.

Stop kidding yourself for one minute, there is EVERYTHING to worry about if he ends up there.

He's a high profile manager with massive European pedigree. If he agrees to go there it means that he has been guaranteed huge amounts of cash to spend. Plus his name alone will be enough to attract potential signing targets.

Stop kidding yourself for one minute, there is EVERYTHING to worry about if he ends up there.

The first line in your post explains why he won’t end up in Glasgow, stop fretting ffs.

Reactions: VGM
I'm seriously worried about this now. This just won't go away and tthere's just too many rumours flying about for there to be nothing in it. It would be an absolute disaster for us if they got him.

Look at the actual state of you. Get a fcuking grip.

Out in Ibiza at the moment, speaking to a mhank who informs me moyes has been about their training facility this week. However he told me it’s going to be Benitez and wait for it.........Stevie g is going to Newcastle as Ashley wants to get one over on King

Is the guy a gambler? As I'd Iove to bet him on that one and make some easy cash. Unbelievable how deluded some of them are!

The first line in your post explains why he won’t end up in Glasgow, stop fretting ffs.
I'm sorry but I'm just not buying that.

Money talks in football, simple as that and we know how desperate and deluded they are about this so called 'ten in a row' of theirs. If Desmond decides to really push the boat out then it is more than possible. He done it before with Rodgers, he could easily do it again.

The only thing linking him with them is bookies' odds - nothing of any note and all media sources reporting on it with any confidence have poo-pooed it entirely.

A few tim punters throwing their giros at it because someone on Fiddleboard told them it was a sure thing.

Reports from France now saying Marseille have him on their short-list, but again seem unlikely due to his contract extension talks with Ashley.

Ton of reports saying he wants to sign Mata in the summer for Newcastle.

I'll be honest, I think this whole thing is being vastly over-played by the panic merchants and media.

His contract has another month to run. He's working through things with MA and they're simply taking their time over it because they have time and both ultimately want him to stay there.

It's the public who add the fear and time-pressure to these things, not the parties involved.

Hahaha take a day aff, they’ll be getting Moyeseh

I'm concerned about it as well. People say they cant afford him, who says money is his motivating factor? He earned 10m in one calendar year from a payout he got from real Madrid and from his first few months at Newcastle combined. Hes set for life, who knows what it is that he wants

Absolute radio silence at Newcastle after the supposed meeting last week. Reading the Newcastle fan forums many of them think hes almost certain to leave.

Hopefully he gets nailed down at Newcastle soon. Benitez at the filth would be a fucking nightmare

I'm sorry but I'm just not buying that.

Money talks in football, simple as that and we know how desperate and deluded they are about this so called 'ten in a row' of theirs. If Desmond decides to really push the boat out then it is more than possible. He done it before with Rodgers, he could easily do it again.
Desmond didn't push the boat out for Rodgers. They picked him up when his stock was in tatters, and Desmond didn't put a single penny into Celtic to pay his salary.

I'm concerned about it as well. People say they cant afford him, who says money is his motivating factor? He earned 10m in one calendar year from a payout he got from real Madrid and from his first few months at Newcastle combined. Hes set for life, who knows what it is that he wants

Absolute radio silence at Newcastle after the supposed meeting last week. Reading the Newcastle fan forums many of them think hes almost certain to leave.

Hopefully he gets nailed down at Newcastle soon. Benitez at the filth would be a fucking nightmare
Of course Newcastle fans think he's certain to leave, they've been continuously kicked in the balls by the football gods for the best part of forty years now.

The Newcastle journos, on the other hand, think that he's staying.

I don't think salary will be his motivating factor - it'll be competitive aspects.

Lawwell has shown zero support or desire to any of his recent times managers the second they want to take the club beyond being whipping boys in Europe. Even Rodgers the Messiah got told to do one.

For all his wealth, DD doesn't just pump in huge sums of Sugar Daddy money to the club. He insists they're run at a sensible financial level, so the notion of him just stumping up tens of millions to give Benitez the kind of kitty he'd need to do anything of note at CL level is a non-starter.

He can continue to work with more budget in the most lucrative domestic league on the planet, take Newcastle into Europe and keep building them, no doubt looking at the likes of Spurs as inspiration, or he can be getting 7-0 pumpings off teams in Europe on a Wednesday and then dragging his team off to Hamilton to get kicked about a plastic pitch in the pissing rain on the Sunday.

There's a reason BR was happy to jump ship to a mid-table EPL side in the middle of the season without a moment's hesitation and it's illustrative of why a guy like Benitez (who want see salary as a primary motivator) won't come near.

They need to rebuild near enough a whole side, that takes time, and money.

They dont have time, given the UCL campaign in early July. Even if it were the fat spanish waiter, its a tall order sorting that out.

oh, and of course nobody of note will really want to work for a club embroiled in abuse allegations and cover ups

Back