Benitez agrees to stay at Newcastle

Just went on their forum as it has open access. God, it is like walking into an asylum. Convinced themselves that Jose's agent has met with club in well known Italian restaurant in Glasgow twice this week and will be announced Monday that he has the job.

Lennon being kept on by them would be more good news for us.

He's a wee shit stirring mentally challenged and he'll resent whoever gets the job ahead of him (it will be Moyeseh).

First few bad results and he'll be undermining the new guy and leaking shit to his scum mates in the press to try and get him bumped off so he can get the job. Much like he did with Mowbray.

Was speaking to a street beggar when he asked for 50p for cup of tea, he reckons it's Gippeto at Man City to the mentally challengeds. I think the beggar was a bit of a Pinocchio.

If TLB doesn't get it then I hope its Moyes.

He is just such an uninspiring human being.

The thing about him is that he's simply not a winner. He's most well appreciated for keeping Everton in the safe zone in the EPL (think they once finished about 4th, but they were up and down the middle-third of the table like a yo-yo under him).

His first challenge at a team with high expectations of success was a catastrophe and he's never really shown anything worthwhile since as far as I'm aware.

Will be really happy if it's him.

The thing about him is that he's simply not a winner. He's most well appreciated for keeping Everton in the safe zone in the EPL (think they once finished about 4th, but they were up and down the middle-third of the table like a yo-yo under him).

His first challenge at a team with high expectations of success was a catastrophe and he's never really shown anything worthwhile since as far as I'm aware.

Will be really happy if it's him.

He's a damaged manager now too.

At Everton, rightly or wrongly, he was seen as a manager on the up.

Man Utd broke him and he's been a figure of fun ever since.

You could see why he would take it, he'll be thinking he can rehabilitate his reputation up here like Rodgers did and then get another mid table EPL job - but Rodgers is a better coach and was up against zero competition.

We're starting to look like a proper Rangers team again. I'm just gutted it's Hearts and not us playing them at Hampden tomorrow because we'd do them.

He's a damaged manager now too.

At Everton, rightly or wrongly, he was seen as a manager on the up.

Man Utd broke him and he's been a figure of fun ever since.

You could see why he would take it, he'll be thinking he can rehabilitate his reputation up here like Rodgers did and then get another mid table EPL job - but Rodgers is a better coach and was up against zero competition.

We're starting to look like a proper Rangers team again. I'm just gutted it's Hearts and not us playing them at Hampden tomorrow because we'd do them.

Completely agree. He's a far worse manager than Rodgers, but there are definite parallels between the two in terms of fitting the role:

- Formerly good reputation
- Out of work
- Trying to rebuild career, with aim of getting back into top-flight English football
- Tenuous/historic link to the mhanks

Still hoping it's Lennon...the slightest bit of pressure and he throws his players under the bus, plus apparently some of the players don't get on with him.

I'm not liking this,hes gonna get it ain't he??
Not liking what ? there have literally been no links with Rafa and the tims other than their fucked up minds thinking they are going to get him.

Not one English journo has mentioned Celtic at all.

No chance he goes there.

Not liking what ? there have literally been no links with Rafa and the tims other than their fucked up minds thinking they are going to get him.

Not one English journo has mentioned Celtic at all.

No chance he goes there.

Annnndd now it’s official.

Lennon in:D

As I have said for the last month, Journalists were briefed last month the job was his if he won the cup.

One of those journos was adamant Mark McGhee is coming in as number 2

whatever way we look at it, this is the best outcome for us, 100 fold.

Top man Buffalo.

It was always going to be him or possibly Moyes. I have no idea why people were fearing Benitez being appointed.

That'll be why TLBR is staying at the piggery then. Rafa obviously didnt fancy the east end of Glasgow despite the pure millions they were offering him.... :rolleyes:

Back