Berahino and Benson Linked

Once a BEAR

Rangers are keen on Saido Berahino and Manuel Benson - according to a report from Belgium.

VoetbalNieuws claim the pair are high on sporting director Ross Wilson 's signing radar as the Ibrox side look to strengthen their squad and deny rivals Celtic 10 In A Row.

Both currently star in the Belgian First Division and the link comes hours after Rangers put the finishing touches on a £4m deal to secure Ianis Hagi from Genk.

Forgotten man Berahino rejuvenated his career last season with Zulte Waregem after a wretched spell at Stoke City.

The 26-year-old was an England U21 regular before his career hit the skids following his exit from West Brom.

But a deal to land Benson would be more challenging, however, with his boss Ivan Leko desperate for him to remain at Royal Antwerp for the 20/21 season.

The deal for Hagi comes after the playmaker impressed during his loan spell during the second half of the season before lockdown called time on the Premiership campaign.

Gerrard spoke earlier this month about his non-stop search for new talent as he looks to produce a team capable of dethroning Celtic.

He said: "That (talent search) never stops at Rangers. We’re always analysing players, it doesn’t just have to be around the window in the summer or winter, you’re constantly watching players and analysing your own squad on where you can improve and where it can get better.

"I think the good thing for me is everyone at the club shares the ambition."

Is Berahino the waster that thought he was signing for QPR.

If so he’s everything that’s wrong with football.

You're thinking about Peter Odemwingie perhaps?

Berahino wouldn't be worth the trouble IMO, I'm not even sure SG could motivate him to play at the level we require.

Berahino is along the same lines as Ravel Morrison, all the talent, but an obvious nut case who can't discipline himself and is happy to be around the wrong types of influences. He would very much be an experiment that will most likely go wrong, but IF he worked out he could also be a revelation.

Wasn’t that Peter Odemwingie?

Berahino was linked with Tottenham for a couple windows when he burst onto the Scene with West Brom. Then he managed to go nearly two seasons without a goal or something daft like that.

Berahino FFS. A total waster.

Hope this is just a rumour.

Spurs.

He seemed to down tools after that and he has a drink driving conviction to boot. Glen Johnson slaughtered him on Talksport after playing with him at Stoke.

Not worth the hassle.

Berahino FFS. A total waster.

Hope this is just a rumour.

Spurs.

He seemed to down tools after that and he has a drink driving conviction to boot. Glen Johnson slaughtered him on Talksport after playing with him at Stoke.

Not worth the hassle.
Turning up late for training, no respect for his fellow players etc ? I remember it well.

Same thing could also be flung at Alfredo for his AWOL stunt against Hearts to be fair.

211 career games with 53 goals, off the pitch he once got away with driving under the influence of nitrous oxide, and has been banned three times for drink driving offences. A real dick of a man, not the type we want.

Belgium is a market we should have been keeping an eye on long before now. But Berahino is a waster.

You're thinking about Peter Odemwingie perhaps?

Berahino wouldn't be worth the trouble IMO, I'm not even sure SG could motivate him to play at the level we require.

I thought he was the guy that was sitting his Range Rover ( London ve on SSN ) waiting for cl move that his club hadn’t authorised

Actually does seem like he has screwed the nut a bit, been playing all over the place for Zulte, LM, RM, even defensive mid at one point. Still, major risk. Being abroad is probably what he needed and coming back to the UK might set him off again.

Berahino - no thanks.

Absolute waster and frankly from a talent perspective not worth the hassle.

He is a bit of a liability but there was definitely talent there, he appears to have tried to turn things around with his move to Belgium. May be being abroad away from family and friends who might be bad influences might be better for him, moving back to the UK might not work out again for him. If you can get him playing to his potential and keep him from being a dick then you would undoubtedly be a good asset to our squad. This would be a big chance for him to show his potential.

Berahino, no way unless it’s a pay as you play, although he did score 6 in 16 last season

Never heard of the other guy

It could simply be that we are scouting Berahino and I imagine a lot of teams are keeping an eye on his progress out in belgium. I don’t see anything in this personally

Judging by most of the comments on here Berahino would not attain the standards required of a Rangers player so it's a no from me

We’re an easy way for agents to drum up interest of average players.

Will get those guys some media/social media mentions in the hope that other teams see it.

A lot of these to come over the next couple months just like every window.

Berahino has had one good season, years ago. Since then his record has been appalling, as has his reputation. No thanks. Please no.

Back