Bert Konterman on Willem II

Ahh Bert, nice fella but terrible Rangers career apart from that goal.
Everyone should listen to the Advocaat years on H&H, he was actually worse than I remember him.
Booed against Kilmarnock at Ibrox when we were 0-2 down in the 1st half iirc

Konterman was a nightmare at centre half, but actually done not too badly as a DM when called upon by McLeish in that role. I remember an exceptionally snide remark in the sun or record after he got MOTM away to Dunfermline - "that says it all about the game itself" or words to that effect. Think that said a lot about the mentality in this country. We really hate having to give credit after slaughtering folk.
This. After moving to DM was he not viewed as the most improved player. I just think CB with an eccentric Amo (loved the big guy) didn’t help. To make matters worse the dressing room was divided and Advocaat had lost the lot. DM has less pressure and was more suited to his ability. Reminds me of David Luiz. Also that goal.

Pound for pound one of advocaat's worst signings. We paid £4m for him if I remember rightly?!
I don’t think it was just that he appeared and cost a fairly hefty fee... it threw the balance of the squad and the defence in particular to shit as Amoruso and Moore had been doing just fine as a pairing but clearly at least one of them was going to be making way.
It was a season of fitting Konterman in alongside Amo.. who was probably meant to be the one going but he stuck to his guns and then Moore got an injury the Konterman/Amo pairing had to be made to work.... but it really didn’t.

The balance of the squad with the number of Dutch players at Rangers became mildly ridiculous over the summer of 2000 as a result.

I like big Bert as a guy. I was speaking at an event in the Hotel (Okura?) in Amsterdam and let the team into the free buffet and they all promised me a ticket for the AZ game. Just before the Rangers bus left it was big Bert that delivered 2 comp tickets.

You can score goals till the coo s come home, but if there s no league at the end of it thens it a failure for Rangers in a 2 club league.
Flo cost us approx 5 million pounds a year in the lose on transfer and wages.
Return in that team - one scottish cup.
Have you seen the shite thats got to the scottish final in the past 25 years.
Yes, plenty other players have cost a fortune over the years, the list is endless.

You can hardly blame Flo for that, he was doing what he got paid for.

As an aside it's harsh to blame Flo for the transfer fee, that was down to billy big baws, davy duped.

You can hardly blame Flo for that, he was doing what he got paid for.

As an aside it's harsh to blame Flo for the transfer fee, that was down to billy big baws, davy duped.
Whatever, the question was who cost us a lot of dough.
Who signed him is irrelevant

his goals meant nothing in the 2 years he was here.
A scottish cup and league cup.
Cost per annum 5 million.( 20 years ago)
That would be 15 million in todays money.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, no matter what you say Flo wasn't a failure.

If you think that Flo is a failure would you say that Morelos is also a failure, £1 million spent and absolutely no return

Was behind the goals that night, but I cannot for the life of me remember why they had no fans behind the other goals.

Hampden was being tarted up because it was hosting the champions league final that May so there was a reduced capacity that night, the beggars were along the side of the pitch to our 18 yard line instead of the halfway line

Somebody help me out on this please.

Back