Best all round Morelos performance since the win at Parkhead end of 2019

No.

Antwerp x2 last season for starters.

He was good tonight, but I don’t think he was any better than some of games he got criticised for last season :))

Good to see his old playing style back to an extent, presume it’ll be the second half of the season we see the best of him - obviously not having a pre season hasn’t helped him.

Alfie just isn’t about scoring goals.

Watch him closely. His control and touch is extremely good. His little lay offs are also good.
He uses his body to turn players and get the right side of them.

I get frustrated seeing him drop deep to pick up the ball when he should be tight on the last defenders shoulder.

Could he possibly play a role where he sits just behind a front 2? I think he could .

The 2 games against Antwerp were like watching a player on cheat mode at FIFA. Up there with any Rangers European performance ever.

Thought he played quite well tonight but still far from his best.

Still looked lazy at times, but, if he continues to show improvement, I think we might get our Buffalo back soon.

Playing like a good old fashion number 9 suits him not that im against him coming deep but if he does that we need runners in behind.

Was no where near Alfies best performance tonight.

What it was was a sign of our buffalo returning. Rolling defenders, using that arse to hold off defenders, actual interest in the box. Buzzing to have him back hope he continues in this vein.

Thought he played quite well tonight but still far from his best.

Still looked lazy at times, but, if he continues to show improvement, I think we might get our Buffalo back soon.
I think it’s important to remember that he never had a pre season, such was our disrupted summer. Don’t think we will see the best of him till after the winter break, hopefully we can get everyone properly up to speed then.

Watch him closely. His control and touch is extremely good. His little lay offs are also good.

I get frustrated seeing him drop deep to pick up the ball when he should be tight on the last defenders shoulder.

Could he possibly play a role where he sits just behind a front 2? I think he could .
he could play as a ten in a 4 - 2 -3 -1 as well, similar attributes

He was much better, but seemed to flit in and out of them game a bit. Took his goals well, and if GvB wants him playing in the box, I'm all for it. A goal scoring Morelos, is a happy Morelos, and a happy Morelos is a threat to any team.

Might not have been his best ever perfomance for us but one of my favourite alfie games was livi away just before we clinched the title, with the fireworks on the pitch and gerrard getting sent off for complaining about alfies yellow. Then he pops up with an 89th min tap in. For some reason that game was the one last season I was gutted it was behind closed doors. But I see OP's point , much improved, hes a streaky player who needs to feel loved and important etc so hopefully more of the same to come

It CAN be. More often that not, it isn't. That part of his game is extremely inconsistent.

He was good tonight. Looked a threat, bullied their defenders and looked a lot more lively than he has been of late.

Much better but still some way off his rampaging best.

He needs to kick on from tonight and massively improve his domestic performances.

He's been poor this season but last season he did come good eventually, people just want to act like he has been shite for years now. At the time it was probably the right idea to change his style of play as he was getting too many bans and letting the team down in that sense. We won the league last yearlets not forget and he played his part. This season he has generally been poor, we all want the old Alfie back, but a hybrid would actually be best. I don't want him getting sent off every 5 games or so but I do want that tenacity combined with the better all round game( which he did display last season) , combine the two and he is by far the best striker in the league

No.

Antwerp x2 last season for starters.

He was good tonight, but I don’t think he was any better than some of games he got criticised for last season :))

Good to see his old playing style back to an extent, presume it’ll be the second half of the season we see the best of him - obviously not having a pre season hasn’t helped him.
Disagree Erskine I thought he was really on the ball tonight his hold up play and passing was the best in a long time

Loved hearing Gio talking about stopping him coming so deep. This has been a big issue for a long time.

Much better but still some way off his rampaging best.

He needs to kick on from tonight and massively improve his domestic performances.
Thing is , you are right,he wasn't even at his best, but his level of effort was up and he looked much stronger as well. Still could be a bit sharper in terms of closing down and getting into position tho, but it's a great start

Maybe the fact he has to impress a new manager has given him the kick he needed.
He certainly looked far more motivated tonight than he has all season.
Great to see the real Alfie back!

I wouldn’t say it’s that level but my god it’s several levels above what we’ve seen this season. Keep scoring and you’ll make many rangers fans happy again. Him leading the line is miles better than the Morelos we’ve seen this season.

It was great seeing him not playing as a deep lying midfield tonight. Those goals will do his confidence the world of good if he scores again on Sunday and puts a performance in I predict he's going to go on a run. It's amazing what you can happen when you tell your striker to get himself in the box.

Thats just not true its the worst area of his game, his touch is usually awful.

I think it’s important to remember that he never had a pre season, such was our disrupted summer. Don’t think we will see the best of him till after the winter break, hopefully we can get everyone properly up to speed then.
That's a fair point. I had forgotten his runs around the carpark was his pre season.

First 60 - worked hard which was very noticeable, 2 goals first one being a good finish and done fairly well

However, it was nowhere near his best or what he’s capable of but it’s a positive start under Gio

Last 30 I felt his work rate lessened although I think part of that was down to tiredness.

Still not convinced he’s anywhere near as fit as he can be so hopefully this improves.

Just delighted he’s back among the goals and showed flashes of his old self with rolling defenders and using his arse to back in

Back