Best and worst tops we’ve had

Best and worst
Rangers-HSS9496a-G8.gif
61-CEcp1c-KL-AC-UL1100.jpg
Still wear that one for playing. Unfortunately the Blackthorn letters fell off years ago.

498de231d75bbbfefe37a32b25ae6935.jpg
The best
Struggling to post a pic of my least favourite though. TBH im not a big fan of the 5 stars above the crest. Much prefer the plain interlocking RFC.

The home kits by Adidas, Umbro and Nike are mostly good. The most overrated kit for me is the 94-95 red away kit.

my favourite 3
1987-90 home top umbro square detail
1997-99 home top nike - mcewan's lager
2006-07 away top monaco style

Worst one is that horrible bin bag 3rd kit from 07/08, however I think if it was made now I’d actually like it.

That’s the only one of our kits that I’ve felt has been an absolute shocker.

The best top we've had is the 2010-11 Home kit.

The worst are a few of the Diadora monstrosities that felt like wearing thick paper. Loads of them in the early-to-mid 2000's.

The "Blackthorn" one's peeled, but never disintegrated in the way the paper diadora ones did

I didn't like the diadora kits - I wanted us to stay with Nike and thought it was Murray downsizing.

My favourite 3

8 in a row Adidas top with 3 stripes around sleeve
Blue and orange stripes away
This seasons 3rd. Not seen many mention it but think its stunning.

Worst 3
Home 01/02
Home 03/05
Away 03/04

blue v-neck white trim

blue chalk stripe away stripe

anything else... just get the right shade of blue

I always think the strip looks better when there’s a trophy in the team picture.

I loved the cr Smith strip when Souness arrived , actually prefer it prior to Souness , with the red & black socks , although prefer the Souness version, complete with 2 trophies. I liked the re-boot of that a few years ago , with Halliday & Jason holt etc , but sadly , no success .

I do like the new retro strip , we need to get that wore & win to get the st mirren defeat behind us .

I think I liked the first Hummel kit best from the Gerrard era , it was a better shade of royal blue , less busy .

The plg kit with the St. Andrew’s Cross on the shoulder was a cracker .

I liked the 2 treble winning kit from 76 & 78 .

Our Eufa cup final kit grew on me , I even quite liked the all blue strip .

I didn’t mind the diadora kit when we won the treble .

I liked the ntl kit & the away strip with the white top going sky blue with navy shorts .

I think the main thing is royal blue top , white shorts , black socks with red tops .

498de231d75bbbfefe37a32b25ae6935.jpg
The best
Struggling to post a pic of my least favourite though. TBH im not a big fan of the 5 stars above the crest. Much prefer the plain interlocking RFC.

I'm definitely going out on a limb here, but that one would be in my least favourite three. Iconic strip, hugely popular, great Rangers team, always make me think of Gascoigne . . . but I just think it is an ugly shirt.

The home one with the big shadow lion through it and and the red and white quarters one would probably be my other two worst strips.

The Nike/NTL was maybe my favourite year as the the light blue home and the white/navy sky away were both crackers. The year before's Nike home and away were almost as good.

White pinstripe was my first Rangers strip and and the blue "Souness" checked one was my first home strip. Both great strips.

A lot of hate for the Diadora strips on here but I had a long-sleeve of the first orange and light blue away that I really liked and I wore it for ages.

The recent Hummel ones were crackers and deserve a mention

Especially last seasons home kit

For me the strip could look amazing but doesn't mean much if the team never won anything, like I cant even look at a banter years strip now without seeing the crap players who wore it

Best top, this one: the away 82/83 one.

extra_football_shirt_39314_1.jpg

Worst one, and this is going to be controversial, the famous 92/94 home one.

scranhss92.gif

Sorry, I just never liked it. The red collar was jarring and the white shoulder stripe just....just...well dumb looking. It looked to me more of a shít NFL shirt than a football shirt
The white 82 one was my first ever top, i tried tyo buy the home with pocket money but they had none left so i got the away, still looking for a replica but for some reason they don't seem to make them

Too many kits I like to mention, especially the adidas ones. We've had a lot of crap kits IMO. I didn't like any of the Diadora ones, any of the Puma gear, and the Umbro ones we had were pretty crap until the 2010-11 season when Umbro started Tailored by Umbro. I really liked the thick material of the shirts and the slightly retro styling. Umbro have made consistently nice kits since then. They do some crackers for some South American teams.

I dont like any that have a lot of red and/or white trim eg Adidas 93 or Umbro 08, which was called the Vauxhaĺl look by some.

My favourite home shirt was the 87/90 Umbro.

My favourite away shirt is probably the 99/00 white navy sky number that was so pointless we had to resurrect the away kit from the season before. But it was still beautiful.

Worst home kit is either the Blackthorn Puma one or the Diadora kit of 03/05.

Worst away kit for me is either this years black and orange or the 06/07 Monaco top. Was not a patch on the original one.

My favourite kit changes every now and again but the 98/99 away kit is probably my favourite at the moment.

Worst kit is the red and white vertical stripes 03/04 or 10/11.

Back