Best Brazilian player to have played in the EPL?

For me firmino or coutinho. Gilberto Silva was also very good for arsenal.

Robinho and Pato couldn’t do it on a cold night up in stoke.

Juninho Paulista when he was at Middlesborough was a great player

Forgot he played for Celtic

Mirandinha

That was the first name that I thought of too!!
Toon fans still love him.

Right now it would have to be Liverpool's Firmino.

btw, how many on here recall how we seemed to be very close to getting Emerson Thome in ?
imo he would have been a fantastic signing for us.

Between Fernandinho and Gilberto Silva - both pivotal players in doing the unglamorous work in very good teams.

Pretty sure when juninho left celtic, he was asked why it didn't work out for him and he said something along the lines of it was impossible to get on the ball when the defence just kept kicking the ball over his head.

Interesting that none of the "top level" Brazilian never go to the EPL

Alisson Becker is easily a ‘top level’ Brazilian. He’s solved the goal keeping crisis that both Liverpool and Brazil have had over the past decade and is a huge reason why they both won major trophies last year.

Diego Costa was a monster and gets my vote.. if we're counting him as Brazilian.

Gilberto and Coutinho were great aswell.

Alisson Becker is easily a ‘top level’ Brazilian. He’s solved the goal keeping crisis that both Liverpool and Brazil have had over the past decade and is a huge reason why they both won major trophies last year.
I'm talking the likes of Ronaldo, Romario, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Kaka, Cafu, Bobby Carlos.
These guys at there peak.
Allison is a top keeper, but he's nowhere near the stature of these guys at their peaks.

The best goal I've seen by a Brazilian in English football. It was a last minute winner in an important game as well :)

Big fan of Fernandinho and the job he does for the Man City side , a lot which goes unnoticed.

Willian ...any time he gets the ball you know something going to happen
firmino....just does his job another quality player

Back