• Helander

Votes: 160 47.3%
  • Katic

Votes: 43 12.7%
  • Edmundson

Votes: 8 2.4%

• Total voters
Helander.

No point in even mentioning his lack of pace as his positioning, awareness, ability to read the game and step out of position makes up for that.

He holds up play and wins possession in wider areas as a result of his reading of the game, he deals with danger inside his box - doesn't just go to ground and he's got the ability to bring the ball from the back and make a forward pass.

Very rarely will you see him ponder on the ball or play a slow, under hit pass.

Katic. Has all the attributes - brilliant in the air, decent pace, strong. Hellander has the same without the pace but looks better positionally than katic. Goldson i dont see having any of the natural attributes as he is very poor headerer of the ball, lacks pace and seems to always come out second best on a one on ones.

Goldson and Helander are a good bit ahead of the other 2 and are a very good partnership.

Hard to split them for me.

Goldson is the most consistent. At making mistakes.
Helander didn't fill me with much confidence.
Never seen much of Edmundson but I remember one game he really looked lost and ran about like a headless Chicken.
Katic for me by a country mile and also has the most potential to get even better.

Edmundson is the footballer, lots of ability
Katic is the warrior, no nonsense
Helander is slow on the turn but has decent positional sense, reads the game well
Goldson fcuk knows how he ever played in the EPL, timid and hellish on one on one situations
Just my opinion!

Helander by a distance

Generally solid, reads and anticipates danger very well and he's quite calm and composed and he's ok with the ball at his feet his lack of pace isn't much of a concern.

Katie has the potential to be the best at the club if he is given a good run of games
How Helander is so far ahead I don’t know. Maybe I just didn’t see enough of him

Always think goldson gets a lot of unfair stick on here. Not near as bad as people make out. For me he's the best we have at the moment. Think him and helander will be a steady partnership this season

Helander did ok (not brilliant) from what I saw but we’ve not seen enough.

Goldson has to be the best based on performances, he’s no world beater either though.

My concern with these two as a partnership is the lack of pace, I’d prefer at least one of them to be quick.

Helander has shown promise but - as is often the case - his reputation has grown the longer he's been out injured.
You must admit that he was performing well against good sides just before the injury. Although it's performances over long periods that find out who are the best CBs.
I'm happy with the four we have, gutted for Nico all the same.
At the moment Goldson and Helander are my first picks.

You must admit that he was performing well against good sides just before the injury. Although it's performances over long periods that find out who are the best CBs.
I'm happy with the four we have, gutted for Nico all the same.
At the moment Goldson and Helander are my first picks.
I'm happy to admit that.

I hope he fulfills that promise.

Helander is the best ability wise but will also be a massive problem moving forward when teams start to expose his lack of pace

He makes Sir Davie of Weir look like Usain Bolt

Goldson is the best of the set - although he has more than enough bombscare moments.

I think Goldson & Edmundson is a decent partnership. Would like to see Helander get a good run of games alongside either of them.

I would say goldson, haven't seen too much of helander to form an opinion. Katic was starting to make a few errors and I don't think Edmundson is good enough for us.

Helander by a mile. Goldson is a bombscare and the quicker he’s no longer a starting CB, the quicker this Rangers side will improve. Katic has ability but is too raw. Edmunson has looked good in spells but needs to mature as well.

One of our priorities in this window should be a CB to start beside Helander week in, week out.

If Goldson is a leader then it’s not wonder we fold like a pack of cards when the going gets tough

Quite scary that he’s one of the gaffers go to guys for leadership. I suspect many are nominating Goldson purely as a show of solidarity with the gaffer, based on what we’ve seen of them all so far he’s sure as hell not getting the votes based on performance.

Goldson or Helander for me. I went with Goldson because we didn't see a lot of Helander last season. Hope that's the partnership we see for most of this upcoming season.

Back