Best centre half last 5 years

Best centre half last 5years

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can remember plenty on here saying he was shite, a liability and they wouldn't take him for us when Jose first moved him from RB to CB

It's Ramos, but id take any of the 3 for our backline.

Of course if Kieran Tierney was in the mix then it'd clearly be him cause he's the bestest defender and bestest player ever to come out of Scotland, and he smells good too (copyright Brendan).

I have voted Ramos. He is a fantastic defender who scores goals and plays for/captains an incredibly successful side. He is a scumbag who dives, feigns injury and has a poor disciplinary record, which should be much worse but for favourable/scared referees but overall he shades it.

Chiellini and Godin are utterly outstanding defenders, who are arguably better players and do not have the carry on associated with Ramos but they have achieved less at the very highest level, which is why I have gone for Ramos.

Clicked on thread going to say Connor Goldson, no contest. Then saw it wasnt about Rangers!! :))

Dirty big bassa but Ramos wins this poll.

Godin is last hahaha, playing in the worst team and doesn't need to get away with murder to defend like the other two. Best Defender since Puyol retired

Ramos without a doubt.

To clarify, does everyone find it impossible to say his name in anything other than a Gerry Armstrong voice?

If it wasn't for all his injuries, at one time I thought Vincent Kompany was going to be the best around.

But he was hardly fit for about 2 years and not the same player now.

A fit Vincent Kompany is right up there. He gets a bonus point for not being a tosser too.

All 3 are phenomenal.

Godin and Chiellini are a bit more old school whereas Ramos is more elegant on the ball and pops up with some amount of crucial goals.

Ramos for me class defender. Prick of a guy though. Good for the auld buildabets though with bookings. Ye need a last minute header he’s yer man.

People say Ramos because he's 'cool' but he's a bombscare at times.

Godin is a much more solid defender (Atletico's defensive record was superb).

Ramos is a class act though and is always good to pop up with an important goal.

Has Ramos ever played in a team set up to defend the way Atletico do? As we know, it's never done in isolation.

Even Uruguay are quite defensive. Ramos has to play in wide open spaces and defend in the way that's most difficult. I don't think Godin faces that challenge anywhere near as often.

And Chiellini certainly doesn't.

Best overall player = Ramos. - tremendous leader, excellent on the ball and has a great scoring record for a defender. Not to mention his versatility. Came up as a right back.

Best defender = Godin- Fit so perfectly into that Atletico team and really epitomized what they were all about.

Back