Votes: 5 0.6%
  • Hill

Votes: 30 3.9%
  • A.N Other D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KopGer

Inspired by my own opinion on Goldson, who I believe is the best CB we've had since that fateful day at Peterhead when we battled to a creditable (in the then manager's eyes) draw with Peterheid, state your case for your choice.

I think Goldson's been huge value for what we paid, and he'll be sold for significant profit.

This is not about future potential, it's about what has been achieved up to this point in royal blue.

He's the marshal of a defence that has contributed immensely to some huge nights for us. He talks the others through a game, and is, for me, the glue that binds the back 5 together.

Until such time as we can afford an upgrade (pacier, nastier) - he's my pick.

Katic.
Helander could be if he gets fit.
Overall we’ve been really poor in this position since Weir and Bougherra left the club.

It was traditionally the mark of a real Rangers side in the past as well with good commanding cbs.

I don't think you can include the likes of Bocanegra when he only played 6/7 games in the Third Division.

The best has been Goldson. If Helander had played more games last season, it might have been him.

Goldson is probably the answer here, however I voted katic. I know he’s still raw but he’s such a threat in the opponents box.

Hopefully the rumours of a move to Dijon aren’t true. I’d expect he’d move to a better club than that if he were to move and for “very decent money” if it was the case.

I don't think you can include the likes of Bocanegra when he only played 6/7 games in the Third Division.

The best has been Goldson. If Helander had played more games last season, it might have been him.

I know it's counter productive adding him and Goian in, but they both played on the day that journey began so felt they had to go in. It's for voters to decide where they measure up since Peterhead.

You can't really include Bocanegra and Goian. But you could have mentioned Chris Hegarty, Ross Perry and Marius Zaliukas!

Up to this point, I think the answer is Goldson.

Admin would do well to identify the poet that voted Senderos.

giphy.gif

You can't really include Bocanegra and Goian. But you could have mentioned Chris Hegarty, Ross Perry and Marius Zaliukas!

Up to this point, I think the answer is Goldson.

I've kind of cleared that up subsequently. I was starting to feel suicidal as I read through the Kiernans, Zaliukas's and more so lumped them together as A N Other.

Goldson, comfortably . Helander may reach his levels when full fitness. Both to reach peak also. Katic could reach both if he learns to stop going for every ball and being caught out of position, he’s got plenty of time. Also to play in this rangers team he needs to get much better on the ball as strikers are now sitting on Goldson and letting Katic have it because they know it’s a weakness.

Last edited:
Goldson.
Also, it was a shame his partnership with Helander did not get the chance to continue and develop after his injury.

Goldson.
Also, it was a shame his partnership with Helander did not get the chance to continue and develop after his injury.
I honestly can’t even remember what he done, I was at the game but was closer to Greenland than the pitch. Just remember he done something to his foot.

You’ve missed probably the best we have ever had ..... big Rob Kieran !

Was the better of the 2 alongside Danny Wilson, although I know that doesn't say much.

At least he looked like he cared.

I actually quite liked Darren McGregor - thought Warburton made a big mistake letting him go for zero.
Voted Jig though - put his head in where it hurt, strong, good passer - arguably not a CB but was him or Goldson.

Bocanegra.

A leader and communicator - something we badly need now.

I think both Goldson and Katic would be far better players with someone like Weir or Boca next to them

Goldson without a doubt.... and recognizing that he is a blooper waiting to happen at times.

It’s all about partnerships in that area of the pitch though. When your centre halves and goalkeeper complement & trust each other then you are in a great place.
I like the look of Goldson & Edmundson together, it needs a bit of time to let them get into a proper partnership though.

Clearly Goldson. Honourable mention for Darren McGregor though, we were shite, but he won POTY for a reason.

We really have struggled in that department, and still are struggling. Hopefully Edmundson continues to develop and Helander comes back fit and ready. Maybe a position that Ross Wilson will look to improve in the window.

There are 14 players named & this shows where we are compared to historical centre halves. And i'm not even talking about legends like Gough, DJ, Dave Smith.

Oh, to even have a Carlos Cuellar or a Big Boogie ? I just wonder how close things would
have been this season with even one of these two ?

Goldson, Katic, Hellander, Boca, Alves all class acts. McGreggor and Bates honourable mention for their effort. Russell Martin a huge mention for ensuring we will always be grateful or whoever we have in centre half by comparison!

There are two Goldsons. The one who played really well for us up to the winter break of season 18/19 ; and the one who played after that break and who played only a handful of good games but for the most part is morphing into Danny Wilson.

People voting Katic are scary.

I'm pleasantly surprised there are so few votes, I expected an avalanche given how admired he is by many on here.

FWIW, he's blessed with potential but for now he's too rash, too positionally unaware and needs too much on-field coaching to be a permanent fixture at CH. Plenty time to get there though, he's very young and still largely inexperienced.

Back