ssblue

Based on an individual season.

Man Utd 98/99 - Treble winners

Arsenal 03/04 - Invincibles

Chelsea 04/05 - 95 points and only 15 league goals conceded

Man City 17/18 - 100 points and 106 goals scored

Liverpool 19/20 - 99 points

Last edited:
Out them teams to me Liverpool were the most fun to watch but United teams accomplishment in that year outshines the rest in my opinion followed by Arsenal.

Man U off to a flyer.

Bear in mind they got 79 points.

3rd lowest winning total in EPL history.

Leicester got more when they won it.

Over the individual season it’s a hard choice to make, went with united as they were dominating before and after as well

Great question.

I'd go

1) Chelsea- they were just a machine and had an aura about them. A bit similar to Rangers just now actually in that they were so well drilled.

2) Man United- That team was the culmination of close on a decade and never knew when they were beaten which is why they edge ahead of Liverpool.

3) Liverpool- a bit like a winning machine. Just seemed to win every week.

4) Arsenal- seems crazy given they never lost but felt the quality of the overall league was a bit lower that year to help with this. Great team who has flair and were the best to watch but the other teams woulda beaten them imo.

5) Man City- Great team with flair and were good to watch but every other team on the list at the top of their game beats them imo.

Great question.

I'd go

1) Chelsea- they were just a machine and had an aura about them. A bit similar to Rangers just now actually in that they were so well drilled.

2) Man United- That team was the culmination of close on a decade and never knew when they were beaten which is why they edge ahead of Liverpool.

3) Liverpool- a bit like a winning machine. Just seemed to win every week.

4) Arsenal- seems crazy given they never lost but felt the quality of the overall league was a bit lower that year to help with this. Great team who has flair and were the best to watch but the other teams woulda beaten them imo.

5) Man City- Great team with flair and were good to watch but every other team on the list at the top of their game beats them imo.
This is my order.

Manchester United 2007/08 must be in with a shout?

Won league and CL

Backbone of the team made of the likes of VDS, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Scholes, Carrick, Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney.
Good shout.

Should have included them.

Arsenal invincibles were unbelievable!! Football was a joy to watch
As a fan it frustrated me that they had one bad 45 minutes and it cost them in the champions league against Chelsea in the quarters. Had they gone through id have been confident of them going all the way as it was Monaco then Porto in the final. Just think Wenger could have ended Mourinho before he began!

As a fan it frustrated me that they had one bad 45 minutes and it cost them in the champions league against Chelsea in the quarters. Had they gone through id have been confident of them going all the way as it was Monaco then Porto in the final. Just think Wenger could have ended Mourinho before he began!

Wayne fucking Bridge :mad:

Man U.

City were dominant but sooooo boring. Guardiolas possession above all garbage.
Barca was an exception because of Messi but his Bayern and City teams, plus the influence they had on post 2010 Spain and 2014 Germany dulled great sides, even if they kept winning.

I’d say Man Utd 07/08, based on how strong the league was at that point. Three English teams in the UCL semis that year if I remember right. Mental that Avram Grant was one John Terry penalty away from being a champions league winner

Ah fck I remember that game, good times though back then for Arsenal, good old Highbury aswel what a ground, don’t do them like that anymore in England and arsenal haven’t been the same team since they left it lol

They would have contrived to have lost that as well. Wenger has a fantastic record of a runners up medal in the Cup Winners Cup, the UEFA Cup, and the Champions League.

Good thread OP. Man U 07/08 as posted by a few others for me.I think VDS, Rio, Vidic and Evra were just about the best in their positions in the world that season. Manager wasn’t bad either.

I’d say Man Utd 07/08, based on how strong the league was at that point. Three English teams in the UCL semis that year if I remember right. Mental that Avram Grant was one John Terry penalty away from being a champions league winner
Mental that di matteo is a champions league winning manager.

Surprised Liverpool and City sides from the last couple years don't have a bigger share of the vote. I think that will change as the years go by, the two highest scoring teams points wise in an individual season and Liverpool basically done it two years in a row while getting to two Champions League finals.

I have to admit - I found the Arsenal invincible side the most entertaining

There's lots to admire about all the others - but the Gunners that season were more exciting - imo

Blink & you'd miss something

It was like they were 'guaranteed' to score

United because of the amount of their regular starters that came through from the youth system .
Both city and chelsea bought the title which off course is their right is they have it to spend .
Gunners ,great side but boring to watch .
Nearest to united were liverpool last season . Spent big yes but so was everyone else around them so on a more equal footing than chelsea or city who both simply went out to outbid their rivals and had a big say in driving transfer prices to silly levels .

Agreed. Arsenal were better than Chelsea then, must be the 1 of the games with the biggest what could have been for Wenger. Shows you the fair amount of luck involved as well, that Invincibles team didn't make the final, but a team that had a defence made up of Flamini, Senderos, Toure & Eboue did.

Speaking of luck, I agree with the others that the Utd 07 side was better than their treble winning 1. Roy Keane basically won them the semi final vs Juve with his 2nd half performance, to score 2 goals in the last couple of minutes in the final unbelievable, & they were a Bergkamp penalty miss away from being dumped out the FA Cup by Arsenal, & won that game with probably the best Fa Cup goal of all time.

Agreed. Arsenal were better than Chelsea then, must be the 1 of the games with the biggest what could have been for Wenger. Shows you the fair amount of luck involved as well, that Invincibles team didn't make the final, but a team that had a defence made up of Flamini, Senderos, Toure & Eboue did.

Speaking of luck, I agree with the others that the Utd 07 side was better than their treble winning 1. Roy Keane basically won them the semi final vs Juve with his 2nd half performance, to score 2 goals in the last couple of minutes in the final unbelievable, & they were a Bergkamp penalty miss away from being dumped out the FA Cup by Arsenal, & won that game with probably the best Fa Cup goal of all time.
Didn't just make the final they also set a champions league record of clean sheets in a row along the way. The equaliser in the final was the first goal they'd conceded since the 2nd group game. All for nothing though

Back