best defender at club ?

had this debate with bro in law he says goldson heralded are best option defo dislikes Katic ,
I reckon Katie is our most promising defender in first team squad at gutted he is out , what thoughts bears ?
Katic for me for the future, big, brave and strong.

Goldson, by some distance.

Katie is a good prospect but nowhere near the finished article and prone to moments of absolute madness.

Helander looks steady but really lacks pace.

Edmunson is very raw.

Helander reads the game the best but he lacks pace, while Katic is the most commanding but sometimes lacks composure. Edmundson coming from the level he did and the age he is, I think generally done fairly well when called upon.

Apples and oranges are both good, healthy fruit tho arn't they.

Try comparing to Alves, Martin and Bates...

So much less to worry about now!

Ar$e & Elbow
$Hit & Shinola
Pigs Ear & Silk Purse
Ridiculous & Sublime
Melons & Goji Berries

More to worry about now

Goldson....if he just defends.
When he fecks about he invites problems, especially with Tav on his side.

In reality, Barasic aside, I'd be open to swapping the lot of them!!

If Goldson could cut out the jumping out of the way/sort out his body shape when jumping in to block, then I’d say it was him. The other three central defenders who have played for the first team all have their plus points, but also negatives.
I’m intrigued by the thought of Mayo perhaps getting some game time this season with Katic’s injury. Is he as good as some have said? We can only hope.

Probably Helander.

A Swedish international, whose played over 80 games in a far superior league tactically in Serie A, as well as Champions League football.

As far as I’ve seen so far, he’s less likely to drop a clanger than Goldson as well.

Back