Best euro atmosphere

Jose Calypso

Official Ticketer
For years I thought that game against Parma couldn’t be topped.

But the Leipzig game Eclipes it.

To experience that with my dad, uncle, father in law and a few close friends Who sit together was something else.

Just watched the video again with mixed emotions.

Despite the outcome of the final the game against Leipzig will live with us forever.

The noise
The passion
The sheer emotion
Memories for a lifetime

I don’t get those saying Leeds. Great build up and teams coming out but they scored in 30 odd seconds and killed it stone dead. We came back into it and won but I remember everybody around me in West Enclosure and back on the bus believing 2-1 was not enough. Leeds were undefeated in 18 months at Elland Road

Parma was some night but Leipzig was on another level

I don’t get those saying Leeds. Great build up and teams coming out but they scored in 30 odd seconds and killed it stone dead. We came back into it and won but I remember everybody around me in West Enclosure and back on the bus believing 2-1 was not enough. Leeds were undefeated in 18 months at Elland Road

Parma was some night but Leipzig was on another level
Leeds was a fantastic atmosphere until they scored.....and then after we scored the second.

Leipzig easily.
Kiev was my first real experience of noise like that.
Still believe the end of the Marseilles game was better than Leeds/Kiev/Parma
First time felt the Govan literally bounce

First time in 50 years we`d had a second leg semi final at Ibrox....
The whole place was off it`s collective nut :cool:
Never to be forgotten by all who witnessed.
I honestly don’t think anything will ever come close, I’m 31 and that felt better than any win over Celtic for example and to celebrate with family then the bus home was just unreal I’m feeling emotional thinking about it

Yeah was always Parma for me, but Leipzig blew it away, unbelievable stuff!
Still got it on the planner and watch it every now and again.
Also got the final but can't bring my self to watch it, but at the game the feeling after Aribo's goal will be hard to top.

Leeds until they scored. But after they scored it never got close again to what it was in the run up and for the first 90 seconds or whatever it was.

As a younger bear, can i ask what was it that made that game so special, was there any background to the game for example
Was gonna ask the same. Missed it by a year or so. Still Leeds for me but everyone will have a different opinion based on where they were, how they got there and what they did afterwards. Leeds I got the subway in and was in the east enclosure (before what it is now). Leipzig I got a lift in with somebody that loves a bit of superscoreboard and I got punted into the Govan only to watch folk bouncing on my seat when leipzig never sold their allocation. Watched the video of the aftermath of leipzig for 3 days solid on a pure bender. Didn't have YouTube back in the day so who knows.

The only way RB Leipzig will ever be topped will be for Rangers to win a Champions League semi final 2nd leg, from behind.

Remarkable. Unforgettable. Saw a photo of Glen Kamara this week with a blur of bodies in the distance going everywhere at the Copland.

The stadium was full at 7:40. The atmosphere and the absolute ferocity of it at 7:45 will only have single digits better in the lifetime of Ibrox for an actual match.

Remarkable and every fan that was there can know they did what was needed.

I drove to the Leipzig game and was stone cold sober, and to this day I’m so glad that was the case. When Belinda Carlisle came on, it was the stuff that will live in the memory forever.

Remember lying on my sofa at 4am when I got home (was working at 8am) with my ears still ringing and frantically looking at flights to Seville. A truly special night and I’m still not over the fact we lost the final. I was certain we’d do it after Leipzig.

Last edited:
Back