Best ever skill in a Gers game?

Friendly v Clydebank at Kilbowie in 1996. Week before the cup final. Laudrup and Gascoigne were trying to out showboat each other all game. Best one was Laudrup pinging a cross field pass to Gazza who deliberately ran in front of the ball and as it was landing sat on it trapping it perfectly. Outrageous.

Two moments from Amato spring to mind.

v Celtic assisting Rod Wallace

v Parma (If Durie scores that header that goal would be still talked about today)
I still do not know how he missed! I’ve also never heard a full stadium say FFS in unison when he missed. That was one that came to my mind straight away.

Other one was the Laudrup flick over Leighton which he either scored with or someone else did - that long I can’t remember, I just remember the flick as he was boxed in.

I still do not know how he missed! I’ve also never heard a full stadium say FFS in unison when he missed. That was one that came to my mind straight away.

Other one was the Laudrup flick over Leighton which he either scored with or someone else did - that long I can’t remember, I just remember the flick as he was boxed in.
can someone post this please? The Durie miss I mean.

Souness v Dunfermline at EE Park, pitch was an absolute quagmire on a soaking wet night. Ian McCall was still with the pars at the time, and was one of 3 players Souness left lying on their arses as he turned the ball one way then the other, before nonchalantly playing a wee pass.
I've never forgotten how easy he made that look, graceful and totally in control.

All great posts.

Any mention of Burke's start, full of tricks and a goal. I was absolutely pissed, last 10 minutes?

Kanchelskis acting it. Disrespectful as fcuk if you ask me.
Whether disrespectful he had been joking about he couldn't see Billy Dodds in pen cos he was small - he was looking for him - found him - crossed to him and he scored!! My family were all there from 3yrs up and loved it. I think a lot of great bits of skill are cheeky and maybe disrespectful. Remember the rage when the on loan player Odua from Spurs flicked ball over a 3 div Alloa player

Was it against Celtic that Ted McMinn backheeled a nutmeg from the touchline we roared clapped and laughed it was so good. It might have been the other McStay who was still looking for the ball while play was up at his goal. At least that's the way I remember it!

As long as you saw it I don't care how recent. I really just want to look up some of the ones I have either not seen or forgotten.
Sandy Jardine scored a solo goal in that game into our end .
Coops was at the away end.
Just some useless info that somebody might tell me was a lot of shite but it was many many moons ago .

Whether disrespectful he had been joking about he couldn't see Billy Dodds in pen cos he was small - he was looking for him - found him - crossed to him and he scored!! My family were all there from 3yrs up and loved it. I think a lot of great bits of skill are cheeky and maybe disrespectful. Remember the rage when the on loan player Odua from Spurs flicked ball over a 3 div Alloa player
I was referring to the daft pirouette, not the game against Ayr.

This the first one I thought off. TV doesn’t do it justice. An outstanding bit of skill all the better considering the abuse he was subjected too throughout
I wasn’t at that match but I seen him do it in other games from long cross field passes.

Would’ve loved to have seen Cooper scoring from a corner kick.

Last edited:
Punt from the keeper to Walters at Tynecastle. Managed to control it and turn at the same time with the ball moving in that direction.

Never seen anything like it since.

Amato in the Parma game just before that cross for Durie who should have scored imo! Was an outrageous piece of skill upto then I thought could only be done in a computer game lol?

You could pick a few Amato moments. I loved when he was on the park, was usually always guaranteed one brilliant of skill that would have the whole stadium oohing and aahing

Alec Clelland putting del Piero into the stand after getting the pish taken out of him all game.

One that always sticks out for me was Mark Walters at Tynecastle that day, Walker kicks it out and Walters on the drop back heels it by the defender and skims the post with a shot, outstanding skill

Reactions: TQ3
Back