Best foreigner to play in Scotland but never played with either Old Firm

Hans Gillhaus was the first one that came to my mind, really intelligent player who was too good for the sheep

Same. He immediately popped into my head. I'm pretty sure he was in the Scottish League select that played vs. Scotland in the run-up to Italia 90 to celebrate the SFL centenary

It's George Best.

In football you're foreign if you aren't playing in the country you're eligible to play for.
Good luck describing any unionist from Ulster as foreign. Can’t stop my head from shaking. I get the op is vague but come on

Good luck describing any unionist from Ulster as foreign. Can’t stop my head from shaking. I get the op is vague but come on
Why is him being a unionist even slightly relevant? You're being too staunch for your own good. He counted as a foreigner for squad registration back then, that ends the debate.

Marko Rajamäki.

I like the suggestion of a 1-11 of these players.
The boy he came to Morton with Janne Linberg was a Finnish international and was genuine class in sitting midfield. I used to go to Morton games if rangers were away in my teens and remember thinking Rangers should have signed him.

Livi had an ex barca guy Amor. 37 caps for Spain and 300 games for Barca

Hearts ..the Greek Left back fyassi..60 caps

Temuri katabasia at Dundee..ex newcastle

Last edited:
i liked killie's big french defender Dindeleux ?
the northern shamrocks Arild Stavrum he had some strike rate for the shaggers
Ravenelli at Dundee, i have a soft spot for Juve

Not the best, but Zerouali was a good player for a couple of seasons at the sheep. Just had a look for him there and see he died in 2004...

David Zitelli liked a goal for HIVS as well.

Last edited:
Back