Best game you've ever watched

1998 world cup 3rd place play off Netherlands vs Croatia or Barcelona vs Chelsea the year they won the UCL when they were down to 10 for about 90 minutes against one of the best teams of all time when Torres who had been getting dogs abuse for having such a terrible time was through 1 on 1 from the half way line.

I actually thought Italy v Brazil was the best game in 1982.

I can understand why you think this. I just believe the France - WG match had everything: the brutality of Schumacher's challenge, the brilliance of Platini etc....., West Germany coming back from 2 goals down in extra-time and a penalty shootout.

Both were great games in a great World Cup.

West Germany vs Argentina - 1986 WC Final.
AC Milan vs Liverpool - Istanbul
Alaves vs Liverpool - Dortmund Uefa Cup Final.

There's load more but that's the first 3 I can think of non Rangers.

brazil vs france in 86. 2 class teams attacking for 120 minutes.

Also a shout out for the uefa cup final in 2001 between liverpool and alaves. A brillant game which liverpool won 5-4 however it was won with the shitty golden goal which soured the ending a wee bit imo.

I can understand why you think this. I just believe the France - WG match had everything: the brutality of Schumacher's challenge, the brilliance of Platini etc....., West Germany coming back from 2 goals down in extra-time and a penalty shootout.

Both were great games in a great World Cup.

Like you said it was an amazing game.

Battiston's controversial collision on a breakaway with German goalkeeper Schumacher, which knocked Battiston unconscious and forced him from the game with two missing teeth, three cracked ribs, and damaged vertebrae though unbelievably no foul was given

Didnt Schumacher almost half Jim Bett in 2, in the Cologne game a few months later?

As a neutral the first that sprung to mind was Barcelona v Valencia. Barcelona needed a win to qualify for CL. Last game of season, they were fifth and Valencia fourth. They won 3-2 and of course Rivaldo scored a great hat trick.

Battiston's controversial collision on a breakaway with German goalkeeper Schumacher, which knocked Battiston unconscious and forced him from the game with two missing teeth, three cracked ribs, and damaged vertebrae though unbelievably no foul was given

Didnt Schumacher almost half Jim Bett in 2, in the Cologne game a few months later?

The french ran a poll years later asking for the most hated man in france.

Schumacher came first. Hitler was second.

He went on the save a penalty in the shoot out. B@stard should of been Jailed for assault for that challenge nevermind sent off.

Other than the city spurs match

Liverpool in Istanbul
Man U in Barcelona v Bayern

Holland v Portugal, World Cup 06. Finished 1-0 but 16 yellow cards and 4 sending off makes it one of the best I’ve seen for the amount of incidents in the game.

Lot of people going on about Man City v Spurs last week...didn't see it so can't comment.

For me France v West Germany in WC82 semi had everything.

Well apart from France winning and Schumacher being jailed

What's your favourite match. Non-Rangers?
Rangers v Bayern Munich in the CWC Semi-Final at Ibrox was possibly the match that hit every single note.
It was for me a real pleasure to be present from start to finish against a real quality side battered by Rangers, to shortly later on after the game in a chip shop when I watched Dixie Deans launch Saturn X towards the moon.
The chips tasted great.

The best game I ever watched was one that I can't remember the teams involved or the final score :D. I just remember it was stupidly exciting.

I lived in London in the early to mid 90s and it was a random European game that was shown on Carlton TV, something like Rapid Vienna vs Wolfsburg or something. It was like a school game. Ended something like 6-5 and had a bit of everything.

At a game itself, rather than on the tv, it would have to be when I went to the Bernabeu to watch the initial Real galatico side defeat Valladolid 7-2. Team were 7-1 up with 30 mins (ish) left. Raul scored a hatrrick, Figo, Zidane and Ronaldo all scored. Incredible. Was something like Beckham’s second home game. They got presented with the La Liga title for the previous season prior to the match. Not sure why they didn’t get it sooner?

Rangers v Bayern Munich in the CWC Semi-Final at Ibrox was possibly the match that hit every single note.
It was for me a real pleasure to be present from start to finish against a real quality side battered by Rangers, to shortly later on after the game in a chip shop when I watched Dixie Deans launch Saturn X towards the moon.
The chips tasted great.

A special night Bilko. One of the best of my life.

Back