Best GPS app to get for android phone?

Dio

ANybody recommend what is the best GPS app for a motorola android phone. I'm not tech savvy so help me out.

Depends what its for?

If its driving you can use Waze, that's pretty good and easy to use.

If you mean SatNav Google maps is great and you can select offline areas so it doesn't horse your data

Google maps is the best sat nav you can get. Always up to date and free. All you need is data and it doesn't use that much.
It does traffic, photographic aerial view and Street view. no other sat nav comes close

Google Maps is fantastic. Cannot fault it in any way.

I used it to navigate Bali. Didn't use a single bit of data because I'd downloaded the Island as an offline map.

Google Maps is fantastic. Cannot fault it in any way.

I used it to navigate Bali. Didn't use a single bit of data because I'd downloaded the Island as an offline map.
Thought about using my samsung tablet for Satnav. How do you get it to give audio instructions?

Thought about using my samsung tablet for Satnav. How do you get it to give audio instructions?

Google maps has a microphone symbol that you can say a destination with. Works really well though you'll still have to touch the screen so not suitable for use whilst a vehicle is moving.

Waze or Google Maps.

Waze has the advantage of users updating with things like cars stopped, hazards and cops etc.

Google maps is great for offline maps and saving data.

Here WeGo is a good alternative to Google maps. It can be used offline and it appears to use less memory than Google Maps.

The Google driving app is tremendous, saved me countless hours sitting in traffic by giving alternative routes.

Waze or Google Maps.

Waze has the advantage of users updating with things like cars stopped, hazards and cops etc.

Google maps is great for offline maps and saving data.

That's a nice feature of Waze.

However, Google own Waze so anything reported on Waze comes through to Google now :)

Google Maps is great and updated in real time with any issues on your route you need to be aware of.

Google maps has a microphone symbol that you can say a destination with. Works really well though you'll still have to touch the screen so not suitable for use whilst a vehicle is moving.

Just say 'Ok google' and you don't need to wake up the mic rather than touching it.

I use the Tomtom Go app. I prefer it to Google maps, as I find the display better to read when I'm driving. I like the way it offers you rerouting when you're in traffic. I find the live traffic pretty good, and pretty accurate when it estimates time of delay and so on. I haven't tried Waze, mind you

That's a nice feature of Waze.

However, Google own Waze so anything reported on Waze comes through to Google now :)

True however in the Navigation mode Google Maps doesn't give me the same amount of alerts as Waze.

paid £13 for co-pilot years ago

it has been solid, doesnt use any data

updates through wifi at home

Back