Best ground in each league?

Sunlun

Cant pick Ibrox.

Premiership - Motherwell

Championship - Hearts

League one - Partick Thistle (only one I've been to)

League two - Stirling Albion

Premiership - Livingston (apart from the pitch)

Championship - Hearts

League one - Airdrie

League two - Queen's Park

Premiership - Hibs
Championship - Hearts
League One - Forfar (I'm bias :)))
League Two - Brechin for the hedge

For atmosphere?
Aberdeen
Hearts
Partick
Brechin
Last two just first that came to my head as majority of the grounds were shite

This prompted me to have a look at the SFA ground standards I think that ever SPFL club should be able to conform to, at least, Silver standard. I suspect that some clubs only match Entry level

Tynecastle has always been one of my favourites, especially before redevelopment. Inverness looks good from the outside, while Firhill could do with upgrading.

This prompted me to have a look at the SFA ground standards I think that ever SPFL club should be able to conform to, at least, Silver standard. I suspect that some clubs only match Entry level

Tynecastle has always been one of my favourites, especially before redevelopment. Inverness looks good from the outside, while Firhill could do with upgrading.

There should be very little restrictions on grounds. If it's safe enough for fans to visit in the lower leagues then it should be fine for the SPFL. Clubs simply can't afford upgrades and shouldn't be denied the opportunity to progress.

Aberdeen - Good trip and good atmosphere.

Hearts - Great atmosphere.

Airdrie - Wee soft spot for Airdrie as my Dad's mate owned them so we were there a few times a season.

Queen's Park - Always remember the Bears near on filling Hampden during the dark days.

There should be very little restrictions on grounds. If it's safe enough for fans to visit in the lower leagues then it should be fine for the SPFL. Clubs simply can't afford upgrades and shouldn't be denied the opportunity to progress.
I am afraid that I disagree. If you want a better standard of football then all facilities should be of the best. If clubs can't afford upgrades to be in the elite then they shouldn't be at the party.

Hibs
Hearts
Partick
Not sure on league 2.

For the away day id put Ross County as my favourite in prem.

Cant pick Ibrox.

Premiership - Motherwell

Championship - Hearts

League one - Partick Thistle (only one I've been to)

League two - Stirling Albion
Why Stirling Albion out of interest? My local side but even I'd have to say it's a bit of a soulless ground.

Premiership - outside Ibrox, I’d say Aberdeen. Love the whole away day up there and bus journey

Championship - tyncaslte

league 1 - probably have to say partick as that’s the only ground in that league I’ve been to

league 2 - Stranraer. Was a great away day for us Ulster bears on the journey back lol

Hard to do per league but I like Easter Road, Tynecastle, Falkirk and Caley Thistle stadium. Hate Hamiltons

Premiership- Hibs
Championship- Hearts
League 1- Partick
League 2- Queen Park

Having been to all the grounds we played at in the lower leagues most of them aren’t great. Novelty of going to these grounds everyweek wears off quickly.

Premier League - Easter Road
Championship - Tynecastle
League 1 - Firhill
League 2 - Stranraer

Mixture of atmosphere and enjoyable venue

Premiership - Easter Road
Championship - Tynecastle
League 1 - Falkirk Stadium / Firhill
League 2 - Hampden

The thing about Pittodrie is its a great atmosphere and three of the stands look good, but the away section where we are is dangerous with the drops between the rows. The amount of times I've done my ankle there is ridiculous.

I genuinely don't get why people are voting firhill, for a club Patrick's size it's an embrassment with 3 stands, same as Hamilton.

I genuinely don't get why people are voting firhill, for a club Patrick's size it's an embrassment with 3 stands, same as Hamilton.
Thistle have had plans to develop the City End but they have fallen by the way side because its completely unnecessary for them. They built the current ground to the old 10,000 requirement, which they can't fill, and its since been reduced for top flight membership.

Their average attendance is well below the 10,000 the ground holds.

People voting Hampden - the worst stadium ever. It’s terrible on cup games or national games I can’t imagine how bad it would be to watch a League 2 game there.

Premiership - Ross County
Championship - Caley Thistle
League 1 - Cove
League 2 - Edinburgh city

all grounds I’ve been to, not necessarily to see Rangers though, Cove is the only ground in league 1 I‘ve been to to see Wick Academy. I chose Edinburgh City as they are playing at Ainslie Park just now, again where I watched Wick Academy play Spartans and I have to say that Ainslie Park is superb.

Thistle have had plans to develop the City End but they have fallen by the way side because its completely unnecessary for them. They built the current ground to the old 10,000 requirement, which they can't fill, and its since been reduced for top flight membership.

Their average attendance is well below the 10,000 the ground holds.

Can remember being squeezed into Firhill in Jan 1978, crowd of 30000 saw Gers win 2-1. Don't think there has been a bigger crowd in ground since.

Premiership - Easter Road
Championship - Tyncastle (best away ground in country)
League 1 - Excelsior
League 2 - Glebe Park

Gayfield. Arbroath. Great wee ground. I was up there for a wee holiday maybe 2 years ago when they played Septic pre season. RFC top on and along I went, in with the home fans. Brilliant. Apart from the goon brigade singing about IRA.

Aberdeen - Good trip and good atmosphere.

Hearts - Great atmosphere.

Airdrie - Wee soft spot for Airdrie as my Dad's mate owned them so we were there a few times a season.

Queen's Park - Always remember the Bears near on filling Hampden during the dark days.

There was actually only 30,000 there that day believe it or not. The North Stand was closed for refurbishment. It’s still incredible to think we sold nearly 30,000 tickets for an away match in the lowest tier of Scottish football.

Back