Although we have others such as solid keepers like
Snealders who used to play for mutten men
Fod
Billy Kirkwood
Ally Maxwell
Alexander
Watteraus

But who was your fav

Goram was by far the best as he was a phenomenal shot stopper but also good with his feet.

Woods was very athletic. Hard to compare his all round game to nowadays when he was only expected to pick up a back pass and then launch is straight up the field.

Klos was an outstanding goalkeeper too but his distribution was poor.

McGregor is a good goalkeeper. His close range shot stopping is very good, probably second only to Goram. But he is more prone to mistakes than Klos or Goram were. He’s improved his distribution markedly since his first spell but his kicking is still a bit suspect.

Watterreus was excellent with his feet but didn’t really play enough games to justify being discussed.

Goram was by far the best as he was a phenomenal shot stopper but also good with his feet.

Klos was an outstanding goalkeeper too but his distribution was poor.

McGregor is a good goalkeeper. His close range shot stopping is good. But he is more prone to mistakes than Klos or Goram were. He’s improved his distribution markedly since his first spell but his kicking is still a bit suspect

Waterreus was excellent with his feet but didn’t really play enough games to justify being discussed.

Would have to be Goram overall.
McGregor has the same qualities as Goram but just 98% of the ability.
Klos would have been even better had he been around before the passback rule came in.
Woods, brilliant but, just not as good as the other three.

Who was the best keeper we had during the 90s to present day
Mines would be the following be honest
In order
Klos
Goram
Woods
McGregor

Fod
Billy Kirkwood
Ally Maxwell
Alexander
Watteraus

But who was your fav

Klos before Goram?

I hate the school holidays on here!

:))

i dont see past goram. a dont think klos even comes close to him a rated the goalie that much. just a pitty he never looked after himself and injuries and we got more time out of him

In order
Klos
Goram
Woods
McGregor

Fod
Billy Kirkwood
Ally Maxwell
Alexander
Watteraus

But who was your fav
I wished i stopped reading when you said Klos above Goram, but unfortunately I made it to the bit where you listed Snelders and Maxwell as solid, and billy kirkwood as a goalkeeper!:D

Goram
Klos
Woods

Woods was the first really great keeper I saw us have, apart from one phenomenal season from Kennedy.

McGregor is the best of the rest, but makes more mistakes than the others. First time round they were covered by having a team that would score more goals in front of him eg 4-2 v Mhanks 2011.

And also wasn't a goalkeeper:D

I assume the OP meant billy thomson.
I think he did! Think I might be losing the plot but sure he was a midfielder and weirdly can picture him as manager of St johnstone haha

Last edited:
In order
Klos
Goram
Woods
McGregor

Fod
Billy Kirkwood
Ally Maxwell
Alexander
Watteraus

But who was your fav
Woods goram then klos for me .

There’s not much in it between Goram and Klos - it all boils down to preference.

Hardly a mental suggestion to think Klos was better than Goram though.

Goram for me though, closely followed by Klos.

Goram
Then you can put Woods, Klos & McGregor in any order you like after that.
Not a slight on any of three but Goram was Simply The Best

Its Goram and then everybody else right? This is as close to fact as you can get when discussing what's not really a fact-based question.

I'd say its then Woods with Klos & McGregor up for debate.

Back