Best managers in Scottish football outside of us?

nateman

Was wondering who Aberdeen would go for after sacking Glass and seen a lot of shouts for them to get McInnes back. Personally think McInnes is a bit overrated tbh. Reckon guys Like Martindale or Goodwin would be a better shout for them - rate both of these guys and can see it being a matter of time before a bigger club comes in for them. Jack Ross is another I'd say is overrated, seems like a good coach but a bit bland personality wise and not so great tactically. Last season most folk would've said Davidson but he's looking a bit like a one season wonder. Obv Clarke is up there too, doing well with Scotland after working miracles at Killie, but they'd never get him. Dick Campbell working miracles at Arbroath deserves to be in with a shout if he gets them up this season. Not sure what to make of Robbie Nielson - don't rate him that highly despite having Hearts comfortably in 3rd this season.

James Mcpake took a Dundee team up who shouldn’t have went up. I know there bottom now but they’ve been unlucky.

A good young coach and somone who’ll end up at Celtic because it obviously won’t be us.

Haha doubt he's even on their radar tbh. Not sure taking Dundee up from the Championship is as good an achievement as you're making it out to be.

I think Neilson has done a really good job and assembled a strong Hearts squad (relatively speaking). Really don't understand the criticism he gets. He wouldn't go to Sheep though.

He isn't stylish I suppose and seems prone to the odd howler of a result, though can't argue with the league placings he tends to get with Hearts.

Goodwin and Martindale are the obvious ones but McInnes is a weird one. Not as good as some in Scottish football think, but not as bad as most Rangers (& some sheep fans) think.

Davidson is hard to measure given they lost their best players. Dreadful stuff from their board.

He isn't stylish I suppose and seems prone to the odd howler of a result, though can't argue with the league placings he tends to get with Hearts.
To be as comfortably in 3rd as he is given they've just come up is commendable. Yep they definitely have poor results in them, but to gain consistency with any club outwith the OF is very difficult. And he speaks well and is considered in his comments most of the time. I think he's a good manager and will only get better.

I think Martindale has what it takes to manage at a seriously decent level. Whether his past will hinder him or not, time will tell.

Tam Courts looks to be doing a decent job at Dundee Utd too. Was very surprising when they announced an academy coach would be succeeding Mellon but he’s done well this season. Taken four points off Rangers and the scum and should have had another point but for a late goal at the paedodome and we only managed to beat a Covid-ridden Dundee Utd at Ibrox through a Tav penalty, so could have had another point there.

Aside from that, Goodwin is decent and Malky Mackay, whilst a racist scumbag, has actually done ok at Ross County. I think their performances have merited a higher position in the table than they are in so far.

Tam Courts looks to be doing a decent job at Dundee Utd too. Was very surprising when they announced an academy coach would be succeeding Mellon but he’s done well this season. Taken four points off Rangers and the scum and should have had another point but for a late goal at the paedodome and we only managed to beat a Covid-ridden Dundee Utd at Ibrox through a Tav penalty, so could have had another point there.

Aside from that, Goodwin is decent and Malky Mackay, whilst a racist scumbag, has actually done ok at Ross County. I think their performances have merited a higher position in the table than they are in so far.
Good shout actually Malky Mackay I think it could be him .

What’s the story with Scott Brown? I think I’m correct in saying he was appointed player/assistant manager. Will he be forced upon the next guy?

Steve Clarke is the best on that list by a mile. Neilson has done well with Hearts but they haven’t had too much of a challenge. If I had to choose a Scottish manager, he’d probably be it.

Thankfully we’ll shop abroad when it’s time to replace Gio. Far better managers in the likes of England and Germany (even in the second tier) than here.

Jim Goodwin is doing a reaaly good job.

He'd be wiser to wait for England to come calling and get on the lower league merry go round there than go near Aberdeen though.

Goodwin is exactly the sort of manager they’d take a punt on . . . only for them to be looking for another in eighteen months.

As distasteful as it might be to admit it, Lennon probably is the best shout for them if they want to improve on where they are - a guy who’s actually won SPFL titles and also did a decent job at Hibs.

The downside is that he’s a horrible fat mess and sooner or later will fall out with / come to blows / turn up steaming so anyone interested would be wise to tread very carefully.

Awaiting incoming but i would say Lennon as when he was at hibs he had them taking points of the scum .Could imagine he might want to prove a point to his former employers and their hordes .

Back