Best Match ?

JW1978

Just browsing through some old games Ive been to over the years and got me thinking whats the best match ive ever been to. And theres been quite a few but the best was probably the 3-3 1987 Skol Cup Final against the sheep. Lots of goals, a Cooper free kick, a late equaliser from Fleck and a Durrant winning penalty. Doesnt really get much better as atmosphere was mad aswell. Proper rollercoaster Cup Final.

What was the best game youve ever been to?

The 3-2 SCF against them. 2002 I think?

We’d been behind twice and looking like it was heading for extra time - said to the guy next to me we looked fucked.

Then McCann whips over a sublime cross for Lovenkrands.

Mayhem ensues :))

Dynamo Kiev.
5-1 v timmy, Ray Wilkins game.
Hately scoring 2 to against Dolly to win us the league.
2-1 v LUFC

Rangers 6 Aberdeen 1 in a midweek League Cup tie in 1977 was as good as I have ever seen us play.

Just browsing through some old games Ive been to over the years and got me thinking whats the best match ive ever been to. And theres been quite a few but the best was probably the 3-3 1987 Skol Cup Final against the sheep. Lots of goals, a Cooper free kick, a late equaliser from Fleck and a Durrant winning penalty. Doesnt really get much better as atmosphere was mad aswell. Proper rollercoaster Cup Final.

One of the best games in Scottish Football history.

Beating Dundee United in the LC final in 2008 is the funniest game I’ve ever watched aside from the scum throwing the title away in 05.

The way Hunt acts like he’d cured cancer when he scored the opener.
The hilarity of Kerr deciding to pass the ball to Boyd for the equaliser.
Boyds big face in the camera when he scored the 2nd.
The way ally celebrated our 2nd.

The entire country was spewing that day.

My first cup final

The 3-2 SCF against them. 2002 I think?

We’d been behind twice and looking like it was heading for extra time - said to the guy next to me we looked fucked.

Then McCann whips over a sublime cross for Lovenkrands.

Mayhem ensues :))
We were anything but fucked. We were all over them for thr last 15 mins and they were dead on their feet

There was a 2-2 draw against them in 98/99 which was a brilliant game.

Highlight was Amato with an outrageous nutmeg on Stubbs right in front of the East Enclosure which led to the 2nd goal.

Best for me was the 86 League Cup Final. They couldn’t get near Cooper all day, there was a Timplosion on the pitch and Hay Must Stay claimed Celtic should leave to join the English league post match

We were anything but fucked. We were all over them for thr last 15 mins and they were dead on their feet
I literally just watched the highlights back after posting that and you’re right.

Must have been the nerves on the day but it definitely felt like that to me at the time - was dreading ET.

Also forgot how dirty the game was, how many good chances we had and how fkn well Ferguson played that day!

Agree with you,they were lucky to be ahead twice in the game,we were the better side by a mile that day.

Really hard to pick just one,but I’ll go for Lyon 0 Rangers 3 :)
Brilliant!

so many from that era, but for me 2-2 v scum edges it, just for the sheer euphoria and relief of getting the draw after all the drama.

just pipped is the 5-1 game v them where after an early setback, we gave them an absolute masterclass.

Back