Best Only Fools and Horses episode?

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
UK Gold showing loads of old episodes along with a 6 part documentary on the making of a truly classic comedy series. David Jason looking his age these days.

In amongst umpteen series and loads of Christmas specials, what's your favourite moment or episode in a comedy that really has stood the test of time?

Lots of brillant episodes but jolly boys outing is prob my fav at a push.

"Bella died 10 years ago"

"I hope they buried her!"

UK Gold showing loads of old episodes along with a 6 part documentary on the making of a truly classic comedy series. David Jason looking his age these days.

In amongst umpteen series and loads of Christmas specials, what's your favourite moment or episode in a comedy that really has stood the test of time?
Jolly Boys Outing, Just Brilliant

The groovy gang episode is up there as one of my favourites but to be honest most of them are superb.

I am watching the one just now when they are going fishing for salmon but someone has escaped the local loony bin. Classic
Loony : I always lose at snooker
Del: I've got a feeling you're going to win here.
Loony: I HOPE NOT!!! I hate winning!!
Del: Lets make it interesting then, tenner a frame?
Loony: alright.

Jolly boys outing won't be beaten for me but not far behind is Peckham Spring.

Selling public water to the public. :D

Hard to pick one as nearly every episode is a classic but id also say the jolly boys outing.

Also love the Batman and Robin scene in 'heros and villans':D:D:D

Both Only Fools and Horses and Auf Weidersehen Pet I have watched over and over again. Both never get old.

To Hull and back

The Chandelier

Hole in One where Albert falls down the cellar of the pub

But the Peckham Spring is hard to beat

One of my favourites is probably 'To Hull and Back' when they become diamond couriers and head over to Amsterdam to do a deal.

Got all the box sets, great show even now.

Brace yourself Rodney
I was watching the documentary last night and Nick Lyndhurst was talking about that scene. The producer came up to him and said that chandelier costs £6000, its the only one we can afford. If you giggle, we lose the scene, we lose the scene we lose the episode. We lose the episode we've lost the series because the BBC won't go with a 5 episode series, so if you giggle I'll fire you.

So he went up the ladder stared right at David Jason but right in his eyeline was the producer staring at him. Chandelier comes down and all he can see is the producers shoulders shaking as he is laughing. The producer then takes a hankie out his pocket and sticks it in his mouth to stop himself from laughing and this went on for 30 seconds before someone shouted cut. NL said he came down the ladder and turned the air blue.

Absolutely love only fools, watched my box set over and over. Too many classic episodes, but I love stage fright( tony angelino,cwying, gween gween gwass), quality television.

One of my favourites is probably 'To Hull and Back' when they become diamond couriers and head over to Amsterdam to do a deal.

Got all the box sets, great show even now.
Denzil thinking he's going crazy seeing and hearing Del everywhere he goes. :D

If it's a girl, they will call it Sigourney after an actress.
If it's a boy, they will call it Rodney..... after Dave

:):):)

Mickey Pearce winding Rodney up down the phone pretending to be a representative of the sultan of Brunei. Rodney tells him to piss off.

Cassandra " what's all the noise?"

Trig "Oh Dave's just had a big row with the Sultan of Brunei."

Last edited:
OFAH was probably the greatest sit com ever! The thing is the bulk of the shows were filmed in the flat and just consisted of Del, Rodney (Dave) Grandad/Uncle with someone else making a brief appearance. The writing was masterful and even to this day after seeing them 100's of times I still piss myself laughing!

Peckham spring & an early 1 cant remember name of episode but its when Rodney says to the 2 burds they are chatting up "i dont know iv never smoked astroturf"

Back