On gold just now.

Del, rodney and uncle albert talking to a bald guy:

Guy: "You think im bald dont you?"
Rod: "well the thought had crossed my mind"
Guy : "well im not"
UA: "well thats a helava parting you've got there son"
:D

Last edited:
When Rodney bets Mickey Pearce he'll bring a date to the Nags Head disco. Del buys the bet off Rodney for 20 quid and it turns out the bet was for 50 pence.

Del asking Rodney to pay up and Rodney flicking a 50 pence coin at him is sheer brilliance.

Favourite bit was when Del was trying to sell Mike a mobile phone. As he's punching the buttons the TV channels are changing in the background. "Aerial's a bit urgent isn't it Del Boy?"

Also like "We'll have a right knees up Del" Del, who's just had a kicking, "Way ahead of you Rodney".

The bit where they meet the pregnant German lass in the pub and they want to communicate with her - Uncle Albert says he can speak a 'little German' " Go on then" says Del...Albert -"Vot is your name"

Mickey Pearce: What are these things we've bought?
Del: Those? They are lawnmower engines.
Rodney: Lawnmower engines???
Del: But listen.... they're not ordinary lawnmower engines...
Rodney: (interested) No?
Del: No.... they're broken lawnmower engines.

My all time favourite moment :D

My daughter (38 now, nae pics) used to get dressed for school, from about 8 year old, watching vhs videos of OFAH. Went right over her head. She watched, my wife and I guffawed. 1st episode was 8/9/81. 36 years old on Friday.

My favourite TV show ever.

Can't believe the last ever episode was aired 14 years ago now! Remember watching it at Christmas/NY.

My all time favourite comedy. Too many really funny ones to mention but my favourite episode was The Jolly Boys Outing.

Modern Men was brilliant throughout. The £5 "I can make you turn your hands over" with Trig, Rodney applying for his own job, the Turbanator, Del's vasectomy and the hospital scene where Del breaks down after giving Rodney the be strong chat for Cassandra! Brilliant!

Jolly Boys had everything great about the show (except Grandad).

Best moment for me was Grandad telling Rodney the incredible story of the dented cigarette case that belonged to his own dad/grandad, and how the dent was the result of being hit by a bullet when a sniper took a shot at his dad/grandad. Rodney says something like "Wow, and the bullet hit the case and it saved his life..." totally blown away by the story, and Grandad replies "Well not exactly - the bullet ricocheted up his nose and blew his brains out!"

The Amsterdam diamond one is one of my favourites

Del to the north sea rig workers

"Which way to Holland?"

"See Rodney, you just have to stop n ask for directions"

Del: i thought you said this place was open 24 hours?

Trigger: it is....but not at night

Rodney: why do you call me dave..my names not dave its rodney it says so on my birth certificate

Trigger: is dave a nickname?

Rodney: no my name is rodney

Trigger: well i shall have to get used to calling you rodney(turns to housing committee chairman baz)
Get a move on baz..me and dave wanna go for a pint

If they could see us now - aired 25-12-2001

My daughter was born that day. After a crazy day of family visiting, I sat with her in my arms in the hospital with my wife and watched it quietly. The most special memory that I have.

She's loved the show all her life!

Favourite episodes are:
Jolly Boys Outing
And, the one when Rodney won a drawing competition for under 15's
One of the best scenes was when Rodney chased a mugger and the mugger stopped, turned round and started chasing Rodney...

Last edited:
Modern Men was brilliant throughout. The £5 "I can make you turn your hands over" with Trig, Rodney applying for his own job, the Turbanator, Del's vasectomy and the hospital scene where Del breaks down after giving Rodney the be strong chat for Cassandra! Brilliant!

Good shout!

Couldn't pick an episode.

Favourite moment is when Rodney is taking a girl to the cinema when he's still with Cassandra, and Del asks Albert to encourage Rodney out of it by acting horrified when Rodney tells them about the date. I'm in tears every time I watch it, Albert's best moment for me.

Was there a bad episode ever made. The show was consistently funny.
Surely the best sitcom ever. For me only Men behaving badly came close.

Del chatting up two birds in the bar and one turns to Rodney. "Rodney, do you prefer AstroTurf or grass?"
"I dunno" says Rodders, "I've never smoked AstroTurf". :D

Honourable mention for the one when they paint the Chinese restaurant and Del's mum's memorial with luminous tunnel paint.

Bit with Rodders out for "a cruise" in the van with some bird. (Capri Ghia in the garage iirc :)) Ends up being chased by local bams, mirth ensues.

I still crack up at the episode where Rodney volleys a soft plastic ball and it hits Grandad in the head, grandad turns around and says "you could've killed me" he then gets arrested for J walking and thinks its for gun running

its impossible for me to pick a favourite episode, but theres countless moments that had me in fits of laughter

when Del prepares Albert to act surprised when Rodney comes home and says he's going on a date

Mental Mickey - I told you once Rodney I aint gunna tell you again!! I do the one two three fours

Boycie - That's foooour aces! Del - I Never knew you were any good at maths either Boycie

Think it's got to be jolly boys for me followed by time on our hands. Try not to watch them now. Gold has done them almost to death.

I really couldn't pick one as a favourite - just so many of them are excellent. However, one of my favourite scenes is when Rodney has split from Cassandra and he's taking another burd to the pictures. Del is trying to set it up when he says he's doing this everyone is to act surprised. Uncle Albert keeps doing a big shocked noise just about every time Rodney goes to open his mouth - you can clearly see David Jason was struggling like %^*& not to piss himself because if it as well.

Jolly boys is my favourite episode. So many classic moments in that one episode. Raquel struggling not to laugh when supposed to be angry in the flat always makes me laugh. Also, Del's quip "the singer will be on in a minute" sums up Del boy.

I still crack up at the episode where Rodney volleys a soft plastic ball and it hits Grandad in the head, grandad turns around and says "you could've killed me" he then gets arrested for J walking and thinks its for gun running

Superb!

Del: You were gun running in the middle of a civil war!!
Grandad: Well that's the best time to do it!

timing of this thread!
i had just downloaded all OFAH episodes on Sunday and was binge watching them....too many great episodes to mention.
Rodney winning the art competition and the groovy gang, the blow up dolls, the luminous paint in the Chinese and mums grave, diamond smuggling, the poker game....just too many to choose from.
i prefer seasons 1 to 6...before Raquel and especially before Damian is introduced.

Can't blame UK Gold mate, they don't force you to watch it again and again, and again, and again...

Or do they?o_O
No they don't but as I said originally it was just my opinion and I'm sure my issue but also reason why Peter Kay doesn't allow his programmes on it

Every episode could be considered a classic in its own right. I'm giggling away just reading this thread never mind watching it! Trying to think of a scene not already mentioned and can remember the one when trigger turns up at the flat to get a lift to the nags head and (Dave) says but you live the other side of the nags head and must have walked past it to get here. Trigger with his usual stone face expression says yeah I did but del said he would give me a lift!

Back