Best Only Fools and Horses episode?

Jolly boys outing is outstanding too many to mention though.....

Triggers one liners are outstanding

The one when Del is leaning on the bar and the Batman & Robin are two of my favourites.

Margate is still my favourite...

Densill with his infection..

Something always happens when dells about...not it dosent...Kasandra our coach has just been blown up...

Bye rodders..trigger Bye Dave..

Personally my favourite episode was the one with Tony Angelino - the singing dustman.

There are classic quotes in pretty much every episode though.

"If it's a girl, they're going to call her Sigourney after some actress. If it's a boy, they're going to call him Rodney - after Dave........."

Peckham spring & an early 1 cant remember name of episode but its when Rodney says to the 2 burds they are chatting up "i dont know iv never smoked astroturf"

That's one of my favourite non trigger quotes. Del trying to tell these birds they're tennis players, Rodney not paying attention and the bird asks, "what do you prefer, grass or AstroTurf?"

"Oh I don't know I've never smoked astroturf."

Absolute classic.

Jolly Boys Outing was when it was at its peak. All the characters playing off each other, brilliant telly.

Del says to trigger talk about money as the girls love money and it will knock them bandy...

Trigger...I saw one of those old fivers the other day...

Peckham spring & an early 1 cant remember name of episode but its when Rodney says to the 2 burds they are chatting up "i dont know iv never smoked astroturf"

Go West Young man I think it's called.

Del sells the Australian guy the dodgy motor with no brakes and he later runs into the back of Del whilst driving Boycie's E type Jag :):)

A losing streak is my favourite. With the poker game. Just when he's taken Boycie for a couple of thousand Rodney goes and calls Tails on a double headed coin. Absolute classic.

Prefer the earlier ones with Grandad in.

Miami Twice :) when they go to Florida and end up involved with the mafia.

Was just about to post that this is the only episode - well, 2 parter - that I don't like.

There is at least one scene or line in every other episode that shows the writing genius of John Sullivan.

Last edited:
So many amazing lines....not sure of the episode names, but "How'd you know I was cheating Del Boy" "Cos that wasn't the hand I dealt you Boycie"

All the ones with Slater were class too.

I need to watch them again. It's been too long.

The Jolly Boys outing has to be my favourite, so many lines in that episode, Del hand gliding, Del at the clay pigeons with Higgy Higgins sawn off pump action 12 bore, the dolls, the nuclear air raid shelter,all side splittingly funny. So many outstanding memories, but what also made it for me was some of the very emotional moments in it as well, Rodney's wedding, the episode in the lift with Del and Rodney, just a great TV programme.

Every episode could be considered a classic in its own right. I'm giggling away just reading this thread never mind watching it! Trying to think of a scene not already mentioned and can remember the one when trigger turns up at the flat to get a lift to the nags head and (Dave) says but you live the other side of the nags head and must have walked past it to get here. Trigger with his usual stone face expression says yeah I did but del said he would give me a lift!
But.........Del said he'd give him a lift!

Same scene where Dave puts on some classical music. And Trigger tells Del what it is............and wastes it by saying it's "The karaoke version".

OFAH was probably the greatest sit com ever! The thing is the bulk of the shows were filmed in the flat and just consisted of Del, Rodney (Dave) Grandad/Uncle with someone else making a brief appearance. The writing was masterful and even to this day after seeing them 100's of times I still piss myself laughing!
Watched it since I was young only 26 but it's the best comedy ever by a mile IMO

Grandad was class, always remember him trying to get the Dukes of hazard on the microwave oven. Replacing Grandad was hard, but Albert had some ace lines as well.

The one where uncle Albert is talking about hitting the American aircraft carrier is brilliant.

"They tried to pin the blame on me, but I had my excuses ready. The aircraft carrier was showing no lights, it wasn't allowed to at battle stations and there was a war on. So then they tried to get me on a technicality, like, it was broad daylight."

1. Dates
2. Friday the 14th
3. To Hull and Back

Hard to make a top 3 because there are so many good ones and very few bad (2 of the last 3 specials were pish though).

The jolly boys outing is my favourite.

Special shout out for 3 men and a baby.

Damien is born, Rodney asks Del, what is it Del? Obviously asking about the sex

Del's response - it's a little baby Rodney :D

"Vot ees your name?"

Brilliant

One of the classics, hard to pick just one. Thats what made it great then, and still funny Now.

The Boycie rant in the one with the pregnant German girl was another peach.

"I might be able to convince people to buy my cars, I might be able to convince them that Marlene got pregnant and gave birth in a week, but how am I going to convince them my granddad was Louis bleedin' Armstrong!"

The auction episode when they sell the watch, Boycey's face when Rodney shows him the cheque.
No I'll get the sandwiches, cos you got the Rolls.
Should have stopped making them there and then.

I've had a long hard think about this and it's to difficult to pick one, they definitely stepped up a level when uncle Albert joined the show.

The auction episode when they sell the watch, Boycey's face when Rodney shows him the cheque.
No I'll get the sandwiches, cos you got the Rolls.
Should have stopped making them there and then.

part of me agrees
but i love Strangers on the Shore too - with the multiple Albert "clones", Gary, Can you smell onions?...

part of me agrees
but i love Strangers on the Shore too - with the multiple Albert "clones", Gary, Can you smell onions?...
I think they just loved making them
And that's why they never stopped which is fair enough! When I hit an audience it doesn't matter how shit it is because people will always watch like me haha

Mini Twice is my favourite but as said there's loads of classics. The one Rodney's trying to act hard and throws the fag out the window and it's still up, Del Boy falling through the bar, or Rodney walking the hearse up the one way street. It's an amazing show well ahead of its time.

Back