Best piece of commentary

Helicopter changing direction for me, the fact the day is named after it speaks volumes. The Manchester one was right up there never the less.

for nostalgic reasons I like....'you could have driven a bus through the celtic defence'

nowhere near the best but it takes me back to watching the 9 in a row videos in my youth

don't ask me which one its from haha

6IAR 93/94 season. New Years Day 1994. After our 2nd in the 4-2 win at the Piggery.

A massive understatement - you could have drifted the bus through their defence :))

Aside from the original HS and Florence;

Brian Moore's take on our 2nd at Leeds - "Brown's tackle was a strong one and a good one and Durrant now leading the charge...here's Hateley... McCoist on the far siiiideee.... it's a super goal! And Rangers now have thoroughly killed off this European Cup tie. The joy on the face of Ally McCoist as he registers goal number 29 of the season."

A brilliant summation of probably my favourite ever Rangers goal. The only regret was that it was not in front of a packed Rangers end and instead treated with a stoney silence from the locals except for the cheers from the Rangers team and backroom staff.
That was one of the greats. That epitomised how great that team was to batter the champions of England at that time. Big Hateley was my hero, and to see the goals we put away that day was unforgettable. The big mans volley and then his cross for coisty. Brilliant!

Still, the uefa cup semi takes a lot of beating!!

Got to be Novos penalty, reaching a European final was a massive achievement on a par with faith rovers winning a cup

That was one of the greats. That epitomised how great that team was to batter the champions of England at that time. Big Hateley was my hero, and to see the goals we put away that day was unforgettable. The big mans volley and then his cross for coisty. Brilliant!

Still, the uefa cup semi takes a lot of beating!!
Brian Moore's whole commentary that night was great, as was Big Ron with him. :))

Brian Moore's whole commentary that night was great, as was Big Ron with him. :))
They didn’t like it one bit that we were battering their champions but you could tell there was a begrudging respect for us.
What a team that was.
My favourite team of all time was the 5 in a row team.

Used to love Brian Moore. Remember a few good lines about Laudrup when Brazil played Denmark in the World Cup.

“Manchester brace yourself” or “the helicopter is changing direction”.
Both just unbelievable moments that seem like they were yesterday. 55 will be right up there though :p

Manchester brace yourself. Some good positive commentary throughout the whole euro run from Jim beglin.
Was the sporting game away and was line something like- yes You've guessed it, cuellar heads clear again.

The radio commentator who said "Celtic have the ball now, oh no, the bastards have scored" or something like that.

Either the ITV4 commentary from the semi vs Fiorentina, or the helicopter Sunday commentary.

Honourable shoutout to Andy Gray for his "ya beauty" when the gaffer scored for Liverpool in the champions league game against Olympiakos(?)

Also Gary Neville for Chelsea vs Barca, but for the wrong reasons :D

McCoist has Gascoigne racing through the middle....

He doesn't need any of them, He's going to go all the way himself.

To name but 2. 2nd May be my favourite goal of all time

Got to be helicopter Sunday or Manchester.

I do like "is there going to be a twist in the tale? LOVENKRANDS, yes there is"

The helicopter is changing direction!

Soon to be replaced by "And the rangers captain lifts title number 55 for Rangers" or something similar.

Sometime in the mid 80’s when Sportscene came on for the first week of the season, Archie McPherson said “Life is worth living now that football is back!!”

I say that every summer when the season kicks off. :))

Nothing beats the poet fan commentary from the Miller Double game at the Piggery. Wish I could find it again.

"KENNY MILLEEERRR!!!!".... "NAW!.... FCK!!!... ANY C#NT BUT HIM!"

"Davis fools everyone by picking out Pedro Mendes. That. Is. Just. Brilliant. Fabulous! An awesome goal by Pedro Mendes on his old firm debut. Rangers are loving it. Absolutely loving it."

There was some foreign commentary a while ago when Alfie scored that was really funny the word goal seemed to last for ages.

Old Archie commentating on the 1980 Scottish Cup Final riot.
This is what I came on to post. Fans throwing bottles at each other from 10 yards and Archie comes away with "someone could get hurt out there, at the end of the day they really hate each other"

Back