Best piece of commentary

Deano1990

Mine has to be fiorentina UEFA cup match when novo steps up for the penalty.
“Manchester brace yourself, Rangers are coming. Scotland will have its big night aswell. The Scots are coming and you know what Manchester might not be big enough. They don’t need Visas and the Won’t need passports.
Ah still get goosebumps

“Manchester brace yourself, Rangers are coming. Scotland will have its big night aswell. The Scots are coming and you know what Manchester might not be big enough. They don’t need Visas and the Won’t need passports.
Ah still get goosebumps
A toss up between "Manchester, brace yourself" and "the helicopter is changing direction" for me.

Ah still get goosebumps

This or the Helicopter is changing Direction.

There have been some great ones away from ourselves as well. I always remember the Norwegian commentator when the beat England “Maggie Thatcher your boys took one hell of a beating”

Hard to top the helicopter commentary, a sickened yahoo sickening his fellow yahoos, can't get better than that!

Ah still get goosebumps

My favourite bit from that, 'and you know what, Manchester may not be big enough', aye he was right there.

Obviously helicopter Sunday and Novo penalty. But for some reason (probably my young age as I watched it) I always remember “it might be the biggest fluke in Europe” bit after Nisbet scores against club Brugge in 92

I still remember helicopter Sunday so well. In the Glaswegian praying for an equaliser and suddenly a girl near the big screen shouted Motherwell have scored! Absolute bedlam and didn't realise Motherwell had scored a second until later on.
Loved the Glaswegian for the big games.

Don't know if these are exact but both by Arthur Montford. When Daleish scored against Wales at Anfield "Argentina here I sorry we come"
Playing Czechoslovakia in World Cup qualifier at Hampden in 1974 as Billy Bremner is running with the ball. "Watch your back Billy"

Aside from the original HS and Florence;

Brian Moore's take on our 2nd at Leeds - "Brown's tackle was a strong one and a good one and Durrant now leading the charge...here's Hateley... McCoist on the far siiiideee.... it's a super goal! And Rangers now have thoroughly killed off this European Cup tie. The joy on the face of Ally McCoist as he registers goal number 29 of the season."

A brilliant summation of probably my favourite ever Rangers goal. The only regret was that it was not in front of a packed Rangers end and instead treated with a stoney silence from the locals except for the cheers from the Rangers team and backroom staff.

for nostalgic reasons I like....'you could have driven a bus through the celtic defence'

nowhere near the best but it takes me back to watching the 9 in a row videos in my youth

don't ask me which one its from haha

Helicopter sunday for me by a mile. The sheer joy that brought was marvellous and heading up to Ibrox to see the team show of the cup.

"He was 30 yards out from goal on the left hand side and he walloped it first time and the goalkeeper never even saw it"

"A brilliant run by Hateley drifting left towards the edge of the penalty area.. swings the ball back across the penalty area McCoist! Ally McCoist has scored for Rangers. A superb goal! Walter Smith turns and salutes us"

Its included in probably my favourite Rangers song.

"They're in again....Jelavic... and Lafferty's onside.... he's scored again! This isn't incredible! This isn't remarkable! This is extraordinary! Wrapping up the title in no time!"

"Boyyyd! Get that chopper to Dundee now!"

"Davis fools everyone by picking Pedro Mendessssss... That....Is......Just....Brilliant! An awesome goal! And Rangers are loving it, absolutely loving it! 3-1 up at the home of their rivals!"

As much as Crocker is a twat, he has provided some iconic lines covering our games.

Last edited:
Back