Best place to park for a quick return to M74?

Blue Phoenix

Official Ticketer
Not taken the car in years and no idea where to park. Anyone recommend a spot near the stadium to head back to the M74 and what time you need to be there by? Cheers.

I normally park at Shields Road P&R and jump on the subway for Mid week games. You can also walk it. Takes around 20 mins. It’s just off the M74 in Scotland Street. Usually everywhere around the Stadium is heaving with people and cars.

You can pay to use Asda car park or just park in at Starbucks and ignore the ticket when it comes in.

I park at the flats at Dumbreck. Its about a 15/20 minute walk to the ground but back on the motorway in no time

The Quay if you don’t mind a bit of a walk back (you’ll be sitting in traffic on PRW otherwise anyway) and you’ll have next to no traffic to get back on

The McDonalds is the quickest way to get on the motorway if it’s a one off and you don’t mind ignoring the ticket.

I park at the flats at Dumbreck. Its about a 15/20 minute walk to the ground but back on the motorway in no time
Except when folk park on the left hand lane heading out of the flats when they’re waiting for someone cutting it down to 1 lane and causing a tail back.

Park just along from tresspass on Vermount St, can sometimes be busy for getting back on the M74 but you are moving right away.

How much is Asda? I thought that was jus a no?

It’s £5, that’s what we are doing today and did it previously through “Your Parking Space”

Takes time to get out the car park, but with it being traffic lights it does at least keep flowing.

It’s £5, that’s what we are doing today and did it previously through “Your Parking Space”

Takes time to get out the car park, but with it being traffic lights it does at least keep flowing.
I park up at bellahouston sports centre streets and walk down through the park and palace of arts car park. Similar distance and free!

FF always has a group of power walkers.

Some lad told me the Village hotel at pacific quay was 10 min walk. :D

Always double an FF walking guide.
That was me.

Not been called a lad in a long time. :)

I said 10-15 mins.

Google Maps (which always over estimates) has Village Hotel to Mafeking St as 16 mins and I use a shortcut. It is defo under 15 mins to reach the superstore.

Standing by my timescales. :)

I use the kinning park industrial estate. I get there for around 1.30 , 10 minute stroll over the bridge and grab a bite to eat.

This.

Park there whenever I'm at the games.

Quick tip btw, when you drive in you're best doing a burley so you're facing the way you came. Sometimes it can be a nightmare trying to get turned and let out.

Heads up van of parking attendants driving around Dumbreck Road not actually sure what they’re looking for as it’s all coned on the main road, parking usually on the side streets and the grounds of the flats. Don’t imagine then can action ‘residents parking only’ as it is signed?

Technically not illegal, but right outside the police station on Helen st. if you have the cohones B-D

ibroxparking.jpg

you'd also have the bonus of not paying a little rat bag a £1 to 'watch yer motor mister'

That's the very far end of the stadium.

Defo timing it today. :)

Stay tuned.
Eagerly waiting the timing...

I timed myself from the Dumbreck flats to the "hats, scarves and flags" guy at the Broomloan end of the Main Stand and it was 16 minutes. That was a good wee stroll. Could have charged it quicker, but im too lazy for that!

Getting out the 1st set of flats was less than 10 minutes. So much easier now the traffic lights are there

Eagerly waiting the timing...

I timed myself from the Dumbreck flats to the "hats, scarves and flags" guy at the Broomloan end of the Main Stand and it was 16 minutes. That was a good wee stroll. Could have charged it quicker, but im too lazy for that!

Getting out the 1st set of flats was less than 10 minutes. So much easier now the traffic lights are there
I bumped into a fellow FF'er half way there. She held me back by 20 mins with her gabbing and only just made kick off. :)

You know who you are...... :)

Back