Best place to watch the Gers in Manhattan?

Watched a couple of games in there. Decent.

Prepare to have a fella collect cash off you as a cover charge. It won't be much.

Watched a couple of games in there. Decent.

Prepare to have a fella collect cash off you as a cover charge. It won't be much.

I reckon this happens in most US bars.
Certainly any I've been in have had a cover charge including when our place was Angels up where the cable car is.
Ladies free mind you.

Never heard of that

Out of interest, what do you actually get for your cover charge- anything?
Cover charge normally doesn't get you anything.

Pretty much like an old school nightclub entrance fee. Pretty standard on a Saturday night anywhere in the US or anywhere showing a major sporting event.

Never heard of that

Out of interest, what do you actually get for your cover charge- anything?

Everywhere I been from Toronto to Houston and in between there has been a cover charge with ladies free. In Toronto at Duke of Gloster(sic) used get a free breakfast/pint with it but that was donkeys ago. The fee was pay setanta etc and think it covers RTV now and end of season bar kitty.

Everywhere I been from Toronto to Houston and in between there has been a cover charge with ladies free. In Toronto at Duke of Gloster(sic) used get a free breakfast/pint with it but that was donkeys ago. The fee was pay setanta etc and think it covers RTV now and end of season bar kitty.

That's fair enough, if the lads are shelling out for something then it's only right they get a little back in return

Back