Best Rangers Goal Against Aberdeen

Hateley's 2nd in a 3-2 midweek victory up there...move started on our byline and ended with him out sprinting their defence (despite giving them a 10yards start) and rifling into the net. His first was also a belter, as was Ally's in the 2nd half

Jelavic overhead kick at Pittodrie, also note a young Ryan Jack in the frame.

article-1376599-0B9DD1C100000578-3_634x444.jpg

Cooper in the Skol Cup Final but McCoist scored a couple of crackers at Pittodrie at the end of the 92/93 season

No mention of Jigs screamer against them at Ibrox. Have to have a look and see if can find it unless someone can be so kind. Maybe memory is putting extra shine on it but would like to see again to see if it is as good as my mind has it.
Just had a quick look and can't find any footage yet but 3-0 September 2007 if helps anyone find it.
Found it although picture quality isn't great. Hope this works

Last edited:
I could pick various from Super himself against them, let's have yours folks.

Remember this so clearly being at that game in the Main Stand that match.

Souness had been sticking Super on the bench for weeks, and every time he got on as a sub he produced something like this one.

Brilliant goal. Didn't stop him being on the bench the following week again, though, if memory serves me correctly?

p.s. I was also at the second one you posted @Jan Žižka On the pitch after the match at Shittodrie that day. And the journey back down travelling by car alongside the team bus. :eek:

Scenes :D :D

No mention of Jigs screamer against them at Ibrox. Have to have a look and see if can find it unless someone can be so kind. Maybe memory is putting extra shine on it but would like to see again to see if it is as good as my mind has it.

He scored some excellent goals for us around the time of that before he just became an option to lump the ball to under Walter / then a CH in the lower leagues. There was another against Falkirk IIRC which was a peach.

That Jelavic goal was incredible and probably does it for me. Special shout out to the Morelos goal last year though, same again on Wednesday.

Remember this so clearly being at that game in the Main Stand that match.

Souness had been sticking Super on the bench for weeks, and every time he got on as a sub he produced something like this one.

Brilliant goal. Didn't stop him being on the bench the following week again, though, if memory serves me correctly?

p.s. I was also at the second one you posted @Jan Žižka On the pitch after the match at Shittodrie that day. And the journey back down travelling by car alongside the team bus. :eek:

Scenes :D :D

You are spot on mate. Hateley/Mojo was the gaffer's preferred strike force at the time.

Pittodrie was fantastic on the day the pitch was ours.

Memories that will never fade.

I recall a Laudrup chip goal back in the day I loved at Pittodrie. May have scored a standing flick goal at Ibrox too against them.

Loved Big Amo's goal against them too. Absolute screamer

I’m sure Ted McMinn had a great solo effort up there many moons ago. Thought at the time was one of the best I’d ever seen. Maybe was a dream, but memory no as good as it once was .

Cooper in the Skol Cup Final but McCoist scored a couple of crackers at Pittodrie at the end of the 92/93 season

Yep, Super coming off the bench at Pittodrie and scoring 2 howitzers late on in the game. Got it in my head that Salenko was playing too though as I remember his bizarre pre-game stretches so it can’t be 92/93 - doing my nut in finding the stats online!

Yep, Super coming off the bench at Pittodrie and scoring 2 howitzers late on in the game. Got it in my head that Salenko was playing too though as I remember his bizarre pre-game stretches so it can’t be 92/93 - doing my nut in finding the stats online!

Remember a game at Pittodrie early 90's. (2nd May 1992 according to Wikipedia) Last game of season, I'm sure McCoist scored two crackers that day. Can't find video of it.
Always remember it as it was my first time at Pittodrie. Away fans were in the Beach end terracing, was bedlam

Last edited:
Back