Best Rangers Goal Against Aberdeen

It seems like every goal we've scored v them in my lifetime has been mentioned, in fairness a lot of them are belters, My favourite is Hateley's header in the title decider.

It wasn't better than some mentioned, but I loved the goal Souness scored in his first game against them. Beat them 2-0, Sir Alex left Aberdeen not long after.

Big Dado's flick in the pishing rain followed by the knee slide.

Not the best but love the celebration!

I was in the corner in the section with no roof. We turned a corner that day and went on to win the league. Barry scored a cracking goal that day too

Souness goal at Ibrox in on both posts

they goal was a changing of the guard Aberdeen were an excellent side thrn

651be53d72f920c6b8ea8a746cdabe55.jpg

A 5 - 1 win at the sheep with Amato scoring a good goal and JJ scoring a hattrick. Think his third with the outside of his foot. Lovely goal. Cooper my favourite though..cup final free kick.

Amoruso’s left foot silencer. Peach of a goal and also shut those cunts up that night after all the fan trouble.

Gazza's first in the 8iar game. Came at exactly the right time in the game and was a joy to watch (I had the perfect vantage point in what is now Main Stand F N). Lit the blue touch paper on a fantastic day.

Ted McMinn , last game of the season just as Souness had been announced and possibly Walter Smith was in the dug-out , he picked the ball up around about the dug-outs inside his own half going towards the " beach end " think he beat 4-5 aberdeen players then rifled it into the top corner from the edge of the box

don't think there is a video anywhere of this sadly

It wasn't better than some mentioned, but I loved the goal Souness scored in his first game against them. Beat them 2-0, Sir Alex left Aberdeen not long after.
The that hit the post and Bandy claimed didn't cross the line.

Around the minute mark here.

Last edited:
Hateley's 2nd in a 3-2 midweek victory up there...move started on our byline and ended with him out sprinting their defence (despite giving them a 10yards start) and rifling into the net. His first was also a belter, as was Ally's in the 2nd half
My first ever game up there. What a night and three cracking goals to boot.

So many good shouts already and so difficult to choose one. I will add one of my favourites, big DJ in the 1980 Cup Semi Final at the Piggery.

Back