Best Rangers penalty taker you have seen

After today's penalty miss it occured to me that in almost 30 years following Rangers there is only one man I can truly say I was truly confident when stepping up to hit a penalty and it was Kris Boyd. Albertz was decent for a spell then missed a good few. Anyone think of a better penalty taker we've had in this period?
When I think of the great, some legendary, players I saw taking our penalties, like Greig, Jardine, Parlane, McCoist, Cooper, Albertz, Durrant, Ferguson, I’d put Boyd down as the one I’d trust most.
Another I trusted in the main, was an older coach of mine, Alex Miller.

Albertz for the most part. Loved Boyd’s method though, it’s the perfect way to hit em; pick a side, get the head down and go low and with power.

In my time, ie last 30 years, either Super or Boydy.

Best I’ve seen in Scottish football, was a Killie fullback from the 80s and 90s called Tam Black. A bang average player but his penalty record was incredible.

Davie Cooper for me. When he scored in the Skol Cup Final in 1986 to make it 2-1 and win us the cup, despite being almost unable to watch it, I remember being utterly sure he would score. Him being held aloft by McCoist right after that goal with his hands held wide is one of my fondest Rangers memories.

Nobody got any stats on penalty takers over the years, there's stats for everything else seems strange if there isnt for penalty takers?.

Back