Best Rangers penalty taker you have seen

League cup aug 1967 rangers beating Celtic 1-0 and we get a pen with 14 mins to go. Kai Johansen hits the bar and we end up losing 3-1.

Beat me to it never missed a Pen
I was too young to see him play but when I met him in 2005, I introduced him to my daughter as the man who never missed a penalty for Rangers. He corrected me by saying that he scored 54 out of 57 penalties. When he missed the three penalties it was at a time when it did not matter because we were already two or three goals in front. He along with Billy Simpson was a true gentleman and a great Ranger.

Trevor Francis.

Never doubted his one from one record in the shoot out v Aberdeen with the one step run up and no deception about what way it was going. Apparently sheer bravado guided it past Bandy.

Seriously I went Alex Miller but he might have missed loads I've forgotten about over the years. Was odd that he was the first choice penalty taker in my mind but never really a first pick player.

After today's penalty miss it occured to me that in almost 30 years following Rangers there is only one man I can truly say I was truly confident when stepping up to hit a penalty and it was Kris Boyd. Albertz was decent for a spell then missed a good few. Anyone think of a better penalty taker we've had in this period?
Easy answer for me Johnny Hubbard,

and Kris Boyd. No others come close. ;)

Davie Cooper had 6 pens scored with 5.

Colin Stein in a match v Airdrie during the '68-'69 season took his one and only penalty for Rangers...he missed the fukkin thing!

We lost 2-3.

After today's penalty miss it occured to me that in almost 30 years following Rangers there is only one man I can truly say I was truly confident when stepping up to hit a penalty and it was Kris Boyd. Albertz was decent for a spell then missed a good few. Anyone think of a better penalty taker we've had in this period?
Novo

Alex Miller was good, as were Albertz and Boyd, but I always felt super confident when Davie Cooper stepped up to take a pen, even though he missed a couple.

Too easy for this 84 yr old.Hubbard

Back