Best save McGregor Vs Goram

Which was the better save

• McGregor Vs Werder Bremen

Votes: 122 37.8%
  • Goram Vs Van Donkey

Votes: 201 62.2%

• Total voters
Shagger is a very good keeper but has always been prone to the odd howler.

Goram is the best keeper I have ever seen. Even when in a one on one situation I was always confident Andy would make the save.

So Goram’s save here is better.

Goram’s is the one, however i remember my heart skipping a beat as McGregor made that save in Bremen

Instinctively thought Goram based on memory, but on rewatching the videos, I actually now think that McGregor’s is marginally the better save.

These questions are getting harder. Two amazing saves but it's Goram for me.
The Bremen player is stretching to make contact and doesn't totally have control of his effort whereas Huge Donkey does everything just about right and 99 times out of 100 it goes in. Tough one though.

Too young for Goram myself so have to go with Shagger.

Probably the best instinct save I've seen from a Gers goalkeeper, or maybe any goalkeeper. Will always live in the memory.

Both outstanding saves but as others have said I feel the fact McGregor had to scramble across to get there just edges it.

The Goram save is hit more at him, but could argue that's because his positioning was better in the first place.

I just remember being completely awestruck watching that McGregor save.

Klos v McSwegan was better than both. Both are more or less straight at them.
Both do exceptionally well to get strong hands on them, no doubt.

Goram's best save was for Scotland away in Latvia.
Any links to the Latvia save??

controversial but I'm going McGregor. The ground he covered to get to that ball is amazing. The rest of the team are shouting for offside thinking the ball is destined for the net, meanwhile McGregor is too busy stopping the ball.

Andy Goram personal reasons enjoyed watching match
Alan’s save was great but was out on works function So not quite the same celebration

McGregor’s save. Defies belief still when I watch it and he had to cover ground.

Goram’s save is excellent but I doubt it would be quite so highly thought of it was against St Mirren or Kilmarnock rather than against them. Pure reaction save.

Bloody heck these are getting harder to pick ! Two of the best I’ve ever seen. Gorman edges it by a bum hair for me .

Shagger for me. He was going to the left then goes to the right......

He had to cover at lot of distance and that save was part of the reason we went to Manchester.

Would probably have said McGregor until I watched them back to back there.

Both outstanding but that save from Goram is unreal

Picked Gorams because i was there and was absolutely certain he'd score, couldn't believe Goram saved it. Superhuman reactions.

I feel like it should be Goram but when I watch them I find McGregor's slightly more amazing.

Click the video title and it should open in a new window/tab.

Does anyone know why of two videos hosted on YouTube, one works and the other needs the title clicked to open in a new window?

Happens a lot here and I can't spot the common denominator.

Voted shagger for getting there, Goram was already there waiting on it .. two class saves from two top class goalies WATP stay save bears

What a save that is from McGregor, world class save! But seriously, who’s voting for that one ahead of Goram?

Always like threads like this, allows me to dust of one of my favourite sayings - Andy Goram is the best goalkeeper I’ve ever seen.

Back