Best save McGregor Vs Goram

Which was the better save

• McGregor Vs Werder Bremen

Votes: 122 37.8%
  • Goram Vs Van Donkey

Votes: 201 62.2%

• Total voters
It's close but for me Shagger wins. Less time to react, had to cover ground.
Don't know about less time to react. Surely covering ground is buying time and from the ball leaving the foot until the save would be less for Goram.
Edit. Unless you're calling Goram shagger which may well have been right enough.

I'll throw another into the hat.

Does anyone remember the save by Charbonnier from a Larrson header in a 0-0 game at Ibrox?

My mate had given me his season book that day and I was sat right behind it.

A fabulous save too.

I picked Goram... but it really was a tough choice. McGregors save ultimately helped us go in to what is still to this day the proudest moment I’ve ever had as a Rangers fan
I picked Goram too, in a one off match it is the best save in my opinion, but McGregors as you say gave us all so many great memories a long time after the game finished...
Can I change my vote

I think McGregor’s is slightly better because he was set up expecting to block the ball coming from his left and then had to adjust himself to the shot from his right within about a second. He gambled and spread himself and got a lovely tip up & on to the crossbar as a result.

Goram’s was a spectacular save but taking all the emotion out of it and trying to look technically at the saves.... Van Hoodjonk pretty much sent the ball down Goram’s throat - it was more or less straight at him. The trick for Goram was to stop his own momentum taking him away from the ball.
If Van Hoodjonk had put the ball towards any corner of the goal then Goram would have struggled to block it.

I’m gong to say McGregor because it was slightly more athletic but Jesus Christ that’s a tough choice.

Goram was a world class goalkeeper though mid 90s, sensational.

Goram for me purely because the goalie was my hero growing up.

So not based on the actual saves at all then? :D

McGregor's is the better save for me. He covers the ground well and has no right whatsoever getting there.

Thread title says 'Best Save', so it has to be Goram.

McGregor's probably more important save though.

Holy sh*t we've had some awesome keepers over the years!

Funnily enough, I was at a speaker night a couple of weeks back that Goram was doing.

He mentioned this save, and said Van Donkey telegraphed it for him by the way he had shaped his body, meaning he could only be going to put it one place. Obviously he was being modest as it's an incredible save. But he reckons shaggers in Bremen was better, so I have went with his own judgement in my choice.

Both pretty top class saves. That Bremen save was outstanding at the time. Goram’s was the better save though.

Back