Best way to lay off bet

gers1978

My missus wins our local LMS game if Arsenal fail to win tonight. If they do win, her and the boy who has Arsenal would progress to next week and she'd still have a shout of the £4800 next week. I don't bet much, but am I right in saying if she was to stick a few hundred quid on an Arsenal win tonight she's guaranteed a return?

My missus wins our local LMS game if Arsenal fail to win tonight. If they do win, her and the boy who has Arsenal would progress to next week and she'd still have a shout of the £4800 next week. I don't bet much, but am I right in saying if she was to stick a few hundred quid on an Arsenal win tonight she's guaranteed a return?
£4800? Or £480?

Yes. Simple as that. Although they are evens and therefore you would only be sticking on as much as you want to win. If both people have Arsenal on would you not end up drawing and splitting the pot?

Yes. Simple as that. Although they are evens and therefore you would only be sticking on as much as you want to win. If both people have Arsenal on would you not end up drawing and splitting the pot?

No, we don't split pots, we roll it over. And she had Sheff Utd yesterday and they won

If you are 100% certain that both the draw and west ham win her £4800 then yes, back Arsenal

* Edit couldnt mind who was playing

No, we don't split pots, we roll it over. And she had Sheff Utd yesterday and they won
Ah I see. Just get some decent money on Arsenal I say, although tonight looks like they night for them to drop points. What i would say is, if west ham start winning tonight you could stick money in arsenal in play at decent odds.

You could put 2k on arsenal. If arsenal win you are 2k up plus still got the chance to win 4.8k. If the fail to win, you are 2.8k up.

I know not everyone has that sort of cash to spare!!!

Yeah this, although I guess you wouldn’t be wanting to splash that amount.
if you don’t normally bet online I’d open an account that either boosts the odds tonight or gives you a good bonus for joining and hit Arsenal with as much as you’re comfy with.

Id be happy to stick 2K on Arsenal but would be a bit gutting if she won the LMS and £4800 suddenly became £2800

Id be happy to stick 2K on Arsenal but would be a bit gutting if she won the LMS and £4800 suddenly became £2800
Yeah I get that. The long and short is, you can pretty much guarantee winning up to £2400 tonight. How much you want to risk "losing" is only something you and the mrs can call properly!

Good luck

If I was in your position I would lay Arsenal for a decent amount to lock in the profit no matter what. What would the scenario be next week if they do win?

I can’t see arsenal winning tonight.

Evens isn’t great odds I would look at putting money on them if they are drawing at HT or go 1 nil down.

One option is to put the money on arsenal with bet365. I know they pay out if a team goes 2-0 up. Could be in a situation where it’s 2-0 arsenal, you get paid and you are free rolling if West Ham come back to draw/win.

If you have £2k sitting in your account then put it on,you are in an amazing position of guaranteeing a couple of grand in your account for Xmas.
Yeah it could be over £4k but if you risk letting it ride then you could end up with nothing.
What a great position to be in by the way.

Put the bet on and relax watching the game knowing you are £2k richer no matter what happens

Tonight’s teams:
West Ham
  • 25Martin
  • 24Fredericks
  • 4Balbuena
  • 21Ogbonna
  • 3Cresswell
  • 11Snodgrass
  • 16Noble
  • 41Rice
  • 18Fornals
  • 8Felipe Anderson
  • 30Antonio
Substitutes
  • 5Zabaleta
  • 13Jiménez
  • 15C Sánchez
  • 22Haller
  • 23Diop
  • 26Masuaku
  • 37Holland
Arsenal
  • 1Leno
  • 15Maitland-Niles
  • 21Chambers
  • 5Papastathopoulos
  • 3Tierney
  • 11Torreira
  • 34Xhaka
  • 19Pépé
  • 10Özil
  • 35Martinelli
  • 14Aubameyang
Substitutes
  • 9Lacazette
  • 23David Luiz
  • 24Nelson
  • 26Martínez
  • 29Guendouzi
  • 31Kolasinac
  • 77Saka
Bellerin injured in the warm up so Maitland Niles in
Arsenals defence looks appalling

What’s LMS?

What’s LMS?

Last man standing. Not sure if everyone uses the same rules but at the start of the season everyone chips in money and picks a team to win. This continues week by week until you pick a loser then you’re out. Don’t think you can pick the same team twice.

Arsenal haven’t won in 9 consecutive games I wouldn’t be covering them with much , maybe the 800 even , then if they win you are 800 quid up tonight and still in with A shout of winning 4800, and if they lose or draw you ( or your missus ) are 4K up.

If you have £2k sitting in your account then put it on,you are in an amazing position of guaranteeing a couple of grand in your account for Xmas.
Yeah it could be over £4k but if you risk letting it ride then you could end up with nothing.
What a great position to be in by the way.

Put the bet on and relax watching the game knowing you are £2k richer no matter what happens
This.

And if i understand correctly then if Arsenal do win, she scoops the bookies money and still has the opportunity to win the 4.8k fro lms next week against this othe one guy.

Safe as houses i'd say. Arsenal looking woeful and out of ideas again, granny hips off injured is a small win as well.

Edit - sorry mate...

Last edited:
Back