Best way to lay off bet

Has he been online since his post?
Hope to %^*& he covered it,he could still win the pot but if it had been me I would have been banking that more than substantial couple of thousand.

Was hoping to see an update this morning.

I will now be wanting to know who the next two teams are that his other half and the other person going for the pot choose on the next round of games,good luck to the OP!

I'm gonna guess if OP was asking question in the first place they're probably not gonna lump a huge amount on the game... what a position that was to be in, best hope the Mrs pulls through!

Bet he got greedy and put the £2k on West Ham after FF telling him there is no way Arsenal would win.

He went for the double up......and its backfired!

Fücking Arsenal cünts. They humped about 70 people out of the LMS over the last few weeks (including me) by not winning, now they've screwed my missus out of £4800 by winning! Oh well, she's still in LMS with the other guy, just the two of them left going into next weekend's fixtures.

She laid the bet off at £250 on Arsenal at evens, so made £250 profit for feck all. I tried to get her to put a grand on it, on the basis it was guaranteeing either £1000 or £3800 profit by the end of the night, but I get the impression she simply wasn't believing there was no way to lose. Stupid cow.

Fücking Arsenal cünts. They humped about 70 people out of the LMS over the last few weeks (including me) by not winning, now they've screwed my missus out of £4800 by winning! Oh well, she's still in LMS with the other guy, just the two of them left going into next weekend's fixtures.

She laid the bet off at £250 on Arsenal at evens, so made £250 profit for feck all. I tried to get her to put a grand on it, on the basis it was guaranteeing either £1000 or £3800 profit by the end of the night, but I get the impression she simply wasn't believing there was no way to lose. Stupid cow.

I would be asking for a chop. 50/50 agreement.

Guaranteed £2400 quid between your missus and the other person. Can see both happy with that esp coming up to Christmas.

Do you want FF to create a poll on who we think you should choose next week? Haha

Come on the %^*& OP you selfish barsteward, we are waiting for an update.

Ha, my missus is from your neck of the woods Al.

Galling thing isn't so much Arsenal winning, it's West Ham being 1-0 up at 60 mins then 1-1 till 66 mins. 24 mins from £4800 just before Xmas!

I would be asking for a chop. 50/50 agreement.

Guaranteed £2400 quid between your missus and the other person. Can see both happy with that esp coming up to Christmas.

Do you want FF to create a poll on who we think you should choose next week? Haha

Can't split it. Both have to pick a team next week, if they both go out the money rolls over again, quadruple rollover. They could try come to an agreement I guess where they agree to split the money and pick their team tactically between them, but they can't just agree to collect the pot and split it.

I'm torn between wanting her to win, and wanting the quadruple rollover so I'm back in! Will likely be over £6000 then. 110 people at £10 a head, then all the Buy Backs from people humped out in week 1 at another £10 a head - which is usually a lot, as people pick diddy teams in week 1 to try get them out the road, knowing it's their 1 chance to buy back in.

What a great opportunity missed,she could have had a massive profit from the arsenal game and still going for the big pot as well,it was a win win.

Hopefully her luck is in with her next pick.

Let us know who she has in the next round along with who the other person picks so we can look out for the result.
Ps if the opportunity comes up again to cover it (ie the other person's team loses before your game) then try and make sure she does it this time or just steal her bank card and do it yourself:)

What a great opportunity missed,she could have had a massive profit from the arsenal game and still going for the big pot as well,it was a win win.

Hopefully her luck is in with her next pick.

Let us know who she has in the next round along with who the other person picks so we can look out for the result.
Ps if the opportunity comes up again to cover it (ie the other person's team loses before your game) then try and make sure she does it this time or just steal her bank card and do it yourself:)

ha I will. Doesn’t even need the other guy to lose first - if her team plays first and wins, she has the same opportunity as the other night

ha I will. Doesn’t even need the other guy to lose first - if her team plays first and wins, she has the same opportunity as the other night
Didn't even think of that,feck me if it goes on you could be loaded by the time it's won if the games are at different times and you both pick winners and were laying the bets

Last edited:
She's used:

Spurs
Chelsea
Liverpool
Man Utd
Man City
Leicester
Wolves
Sheff Utd

Other boy has used:

Bournemouth
Man Utd
Man City
Chelsea
Spurs
Liverpool
Leicester
Arsenal

Full chart here, with name column removed for privacy reasons:

Obviously the 2 people who are green in the Round 8 column are her and the other boy. Blue in column 1 means went out but used the buy back feature.

Christ, she's picked the best ones for this weekend already...

I would pick Newcastle from Burnley Newcastle.

I would be going Crystal Palace.

At home - 3 clean sheets in a row and they play last on the monday.

Means if she wants to offset the result Brighton are 2/1

Palace would be my pick too.

To properly offset in this scenario you would need the other guy's team to have played first and lost (or for him to back brighton) then you would need to back brighton +1 because a draw would still put you out of the LMS. If she were to be in that situation and back brighton to win then a draw would see her walk away with nothing and be down whatever her stake on brighton was, which I imagine would be pretty significant.

I imagine the +1 odds would be near evens so not too bad, would basically present the OP and his lady with the same situation as the arsenal game, except this time you are either guaranteed the pot or the betting win as there is no possibility of the roll over.

Edit - f*cked up original post

Last edited:
If she chooses an earlier weekend game than him, could end up on the same no lose situation, worth considering if the fixtures are decent

If she chooses an earlier weekend game than him, could end up on the same no lose situation, worth considering if the fixtures are decent

As long as her game and his game kick off at different times, they'll both have the chance to offset bets, depending on the result of the earlier game:

Her game kicks off first, her team wins:
same as other night, she lumps big money on the same team he's picked.

Her game kicks off first, her team draws/loses:
He lumps bigs money on the draw double chance AGAINST the team he's picked

If his team kicks off first, reverse the above

Am I right in saying the only way she can guarantee a situation where she can offset is to pick a team that plays last? Otherwise she's dependent on her pick winning before the other guy's team plays

Am I right in saying the only way she can guarantee a situation where she can offset is to pick a team that plays last? Otherwise she's dependent on her pick winning before the other guy's team plays

Yes. But end of the day your trying to pick a team to win, if that just happens to be the team that plays last like say Palace, then so be it.
No point picking a team just cos they play first and they get pumped.

Yes. But end of the day your trying to pick a team to win, if that just happens to be the team that plays last like say Palace, then so be it.
No point picking a team just cos they play first and they get pumped.

Palace is the obvious choice, although I suspect the other boy will pick them too.

Palace is the obvious choice, although I suspect the other boy will pick them too.

Palace / Brighton is a derby, they hate each other for some reason (miles apart too).
Southampton could be a shout, won last two home games, not amazing but West Ham are really really struggling.
Put it this way, Saints are odds on with the bookies, Palace are odds against.

Palace / Brighton is a derby, they hate each other for some reason (miles apart too).
Southampton could be a shout, won last two home games, not amazing but West Ham are really really struggling.
Put it this way, Saints are odds on with the bookies, Palace are odds against.

Wouldn’t like to be waiting on Southampton for a tenner never mind the guts of £5k :eek:

Can't split it. Both have to pick a team next week, if they both go out the money rolls over again, quadruple rollover. They could try come to an agreement I guess where they agree to split the money and pick their team tactically between them, but they can't just agree to collect the pot and split it.

I'm torn between wanting her to win, and wanting the quadruple rollover so I'm back in! Will likely be over £6000 then. 110 people at £10 a head, then all the Buy Backs from people humped out in week 1 at another £10 a head - which is usually a lot, as people pick diddy teams in week 1 to try get them out the road, knowing it's their 1 chance to buy back in.

Savage as %^*& haha

Yep. They win, you're through; they draw or lose, you're out. Can't pick same team twice.
At 4800, I'd speak to the other lad. (If can get it written down)
Pick a game involving 2 teams they haven't used between them.

1 on home win, 1 away win. take £2400 each or it rolls over!
Everyone has a fair enough shot at the win that way! Even you!

But she can't offset if his doesn't win?
She just needs to hope hers wins or it's a rollover?
It's much of a muchness I think.
The only time she can offset is if either her pick or his wins first.

At 4800, I'd speak to the other lad. (If can get it written down)
Pick a game involving 2 teams they haven't used between them.

1 on home win, 1 away win. take £2400 each or it rolls over!
Everyone has a fair enough shot at the win that way! Even you!

But if it ends up a draw it rolls over so neither of them get the money

Is there a game where both options are available between them? Go for that game and place £400 each on the draw.

Back