Best way to lay off bet

But if it ends up a draw it rolls over so neither of them get the money
Is there a game where both options are available between them? Go for that game and place £400 each on the draw.
This.
2k each.
About £1500 if it rollsover.

I'd take it.
I don't cash out at the bookies but locking that in for a tenner is a no brainer!
As has already been proven after Monday!

She's used:

Spurs
Chelsea
Liverpool
Man Utd
Man City
Leicester
Wolves
Sheff Utd

Other boy has used:

Bournemouth
Man Utd
Man City
Chelsea
Spurs
Liverpool
Leicester
Arsenal

Full chart here, with name column removed for privacy reasons:

Obviously the 2 people who are green in the Round 8 column are her and the other boy. Blue in column 1 means went out but used the buy back feature.

I am confused - how is she not out after Monday?

Ok, quick calculation reveals they can both use Southampton and West Ham, who play each other and the draw is 14/5. If they pick one team each and agree to half any winnings, then both stick £500 on the draw, it works out:

West Ham win: split £4800 pot 50/50, each lose their £500 bet = £1900 up
Southampton win: split £4800 pot 50/50, each lose their £500 bet = £1900 up
Draw: LMS rolls over but each win their £500 bet = £1400 up

Have I worked that out correctly?

Think the £500 could be adjusted to £357 and would mean a profit of £2043 if one team wins and £1000 profit if it's a draw.

Burnley - Newcastle is available, but only 12/5 for the draw
Palace - Brighton is available, but only 11/5 for the draw

Ok, quick calculation reveals they can both use Southampton and West Ham, who play each other and the draw is 14/5. If they pick one team each and agree to half any winnings, then both stick £500 on the draw, it works out:

Think the £500 could be adjusted to £357 and would mean a profit of £2043 if one team wins and £1000 profit if it's a draw.

Looks good mate.
Then if it’s a draw you win......and your back in!

Sounds like a good plan to me, as long as the other party is onboard and trustworthy.

Ha, I run the game so I have the £4800 in my possession anyway :))
Will the other folk not get pissed off if they found out your other half and the other runner did a deal to pick the same game and covered the draw to make sure they got the cash considering you are organising the LMS?

Ps who did they go for this weekend?

If sheff united win your arse will be going like a fiddlers elbow.

Yep, it's the reverse of last week where she had the first game to kick off and the other boy had Arsenal on the Monday - at least she only has to wait a couple of hours. If Sheff Utd DON'T win I'll get her to lump a grand on the West Ham/Draw double chance

2-0 Sheffield United,hopefully Southampton do you a turn this evening or you will be full of regret for not covering an arsenal win the other day

This is entirely unhelpful but good god Southampton are absolutely fucking awful and would've literally been the second last team I'd have taken this weekend after Watford

Fair play for getting to the final, I'd probably have been lapped out first round.

But Southampton was a bizarre choice.

she picked them because of her 3 possibles of Palace, Burnley and Southampton, they were odds on with the bookies.

24 mins away from £4800 on Monday night, ends up with nothing
She could have had a couple of thousand if she covered it on Monday.

The guy not want to split then?

she picked them because of her 3 possibles of Palace, Burnley and Southampton, they were odds on with the bookies.

24 mins away from £4800 on Monday night, ends up with nothing
Gutted for you,it was an amazing position to be in on Monday and you really should have cashed in as it was a guarantee of a no lose profit but it was a bold gamble and one of those things

Would be interested in knowing on how this competition works ?

110 players x £10 = £1100 per competition

Rolled over x 3 = £3300

Buy ins = £1500

£4800 is a terrific amount to win however how many winners have been produced over the last couple of years ?

How many weeks is it ran for per comp ?

Could you explain the buy back in facility in more detail ?

Always looking in ways to improve my own competition :))

Would be interested in knowing on how this competition works ?

110 players x £10 = £1100 per competition

Rolled over x 3 = £3300

Buy ins = £1500

£4800 is a terrific amount to win however how many winners have been produced over the last couple of years ?

How many weeks is it ran for per comp ?

Could you explain the buy back in facility in more detail ?

Always looking in ways to improve my own competition :))

First competition had 34 players, no buy back rule, winner got £340.

Second competition we introduced buy back rule - very simple, if you get knocked out in week 1 you can pay another £10 and get back in, and you’ve still used that team, meaning you can essentially get rid of a diddy team in week 1. We had 50 players and 12 bought back in after week 1, winner got £620

3rd competition had 59 players and winner got £720.

4th competition had 80+ players, rolled over.

5th competition had same 80+ players as we agreed no new entries in a rollover. I said surely we can have new entries as long as they pay £20 to cover the first game too, but we agreed no new entries. Winner got £2100.

6th competition had 115 players and rolled over.

7th competition had 110 players (5, for whatever reason, from game 6 didn’t want to play). Double rollover.

8th game had 110 players and was won at £4800.

I have an app on my phone that manages all this with minimal effort, including managing money in, picks, stats, notifying players, rules, etc. There’s scope to use the “one draw” rule too, which means you’re allowed one draw as a kinda “extra life”, but we don’t use it - I think it’s more for when you have a small number of players, it prolongs the competition, but we have so many players we don’t need it.

First competition had 34 players, no buy back rule, winner got £340.

Second competition we introduced buy back rule - very simple, if you get knocked out in week 1 you can pay another £10 and get back in, and you’ve still used that team, meaning you can essentially get rid of a diddy team in week 1. We had 50 players and 12 bought back in after week 1, winner got £620

3rd competition had 59 players and winner got £720.

4th competition had 80+ players, rolled over.

5th competition had same 80+ players as we agreed no new entries in a rollover. I said surely we can have new entries as long as they pay £20 to cover the first game too, but we agreed no new entries. Winner got £2100.

6th competition had 115 players and rolled over.

7th competition had 110 players (5, for whatever reason, from game 6 didn’t want to play). Double rollover.

8th game had 110 players and was won at £4800.

I have an app on my phone that manages all this with minimal effort, including managing money in, picks, stats, notifying players, rules, etc. There’s scope to use the “one draw” rule too, which means you’re allowed one draw as a kinda “extra life”, but we don’t use it - I think it’s more for when you have a small number of players, it prolongs the competition, but we have so many players we don’t need it.
What is the App called?

What is the App called?

Last One Standing:

Starting a new game after winter break - anyone on here welcome to play, more the merrier - just need a mobile number and a name!

Back