Best World Cup Goal

Cambuslang Bear

....have been watching the goals of the more recent World Cups as working from home and it passes the time. Anyway what are your thoughts on the best World Cup goal ever? So many to choose from and I'll post the goals from 1990 onwards. Feel free to chip in with comments and links to videos.

A big commitment in this thread OP, that's a lot of watching.

A good idea though, you should have perhaps done a daily thread / poll and it would have worked better.

Much like the daily quiz, goal comparison stuff etc.

Food for thought? Maybe ask admin to edit todays thread to 1990 only and take it from there though the week.

Can't remember the boys name but he scored an absolute screamer for France v Argentina in one of my favourite World cup games.4-3 in the 2018 world cup.

The captain of the greatest team ever scoring the last goal in the final of the best ever world cup.

Agree, best goal. The dummy by Pele was sublime. Best team ever in a world cup.
1970 was best tournament also. Italy v West Germany 4-3 semi final and Banks save from Pele also still talked about today. Also recall Pele first timing a goal kick back from the half way line that just missed v the Czech's I think.

Agree with Carlos Alberto 1970 final as the best, but Maxi Rodriguez for Argentina v Mexico in 2006 was something special, sorry don't know how to add on the video

Agree, best goal. The dummy by Pele was sublime. Best team ever in a world cup.
1970 was best tournament also. Italy v West Germany 4-3 semi final and Banks save from Pele also still talked about today. Also recall Pele first timing a goal kick back from the half way line that just missed v the Czech's I think.
When Pele dummied the keeper....he missed.

For me at 15 years of age watching a World Cup with Brazil on show in 1970 will never be beaten.

Jairzinho who scored in every game including the final was sensational to watch, the whole team were amazing but Jairzinho edged it for me. So my personal choice for Best World Cup Goal, a difficult choice, is this one...

Back