Best World Cup goal

Take your pic between maradonna, Bergkamp or the one scored by Argentina ( maybe cambiasso). Controversial I know but never seen the fuss about Carlos Alberto goal. Looks like a training match where the opposition have been told not to bother trying to tackle

I will answer different and use only in my lifetime.

1. Gio
2. Cambiasso
3. James Rodriguez.

I'm sure Forlan scored a couple of belters in 2010 also.

The most remembered goal is Geoff Hursts in 66 as it’s still talked about .

The best in my view is Maradonas

For me it's Rodriguez. I genuinely think that goal is underrated. Didn't Van Persie's header win best goal at that world cup?

Outrageous. Just look at Rodriguez's goal. It's perfection.

For me it's Rodriguez. I genuinely think that goal is underrated. Didn't Van Persie's header win best goal at that world cup?

Outrageous. Just look at Rodriguez's goal. It's perfection.
3 or 4 bits of skill exist within that one goal, its remarkable. I went straight down the pitch after and we were all trying it.

Reactions: GF7
Take your pic between maradonna, Bergkamp or the one scored by Argentina ( maybe cambiasso). Controversial I know but never seen the fuss about Carlos Alberto goal. Looks like a training match where the opposition have been told not to bother trying to tackle
Played mid afternoon in boiling temperatures at 6k ft altitude may just be a reason . It,s an iconic goal, and one of the best.

Saeed Owairan for Saudi Arabia against Belgium in USA 94. Even better than Maradona’s against England. Best ever. End thread.

It was a great goal,with brilliant players involved, but as you say,it was almost at walking pace.

Tostao the centre forward starts the move by winning the ball back in the left back position.

You actually have to view this goal as the culmination,not only of the game, but of the way Brazil played throughout the tournament. The greatest World Cup Finals ever.

I was thirteen at the time and obsessed with Rangers and all things football. The Brazil of 1970 enchanted and mesmerised not only me, but every football fan.

Tostao the centre forward starts the move by winning the ball back in the left back position.

You actually have to view this goal as the culmination,not only of the game, but of the way Brazil played throughout the tournament. The greatest World Cup Finals ever.

I was thirteen at the time and obsessed with Rangers and all things football. The Brazil of 1970 enchanted and mesmerised not only me, but every football fan.
I was 8 years old,I was hypnotised,Santos were my team,tho that was only reading about them ,never having seen them play.
Edson Arranches Do Naciemento Loyal
(Pele to all you uneducated sanitised soccer boys).
WATP

Back