Bet365 tweet

He rarely misses the target . I think for any striker there job is to get it between the posts , if the GK saves 4 from 5 you have done your bit

If we use the majority of our budget on a couple of quality attacking midfielders, this guy can score over 30 goals no problem.

He should never be out of the team.

Players with his unique talent at scoring goals should always be playing.

Not having a go but weren’t we saying the same about Morelos?

Also, I’ve still to be convinced at this stage of his career that Defoe can be a single striker in a game we don’t dominate possession.

On the plus side Michael Stewart and Sutton haven’t managed to get the sfa to send him off yet. If he looks good next year we’ll suddenly find out he’s a dirty bastard and deservedly red carded every second week.

Not having a go but weren’t we saying the same about Morelos?

Also, I’ve still to be convinced at this stage of his career that Defoe can be a single striker in a game we don’t dominate possession.

On the plus side Michael Stewart and Sutton haven’t managed to get the sfa to send him off yet. If he looks good next year we’ll suddenly find out he’s a dirty bastard and deservedly red carded every second week.
I think they are different types of player, so I'm not saying Jermaine Defoe ahead of Alfie but in Scotland why should we play with only a single striker?

I do think Jermaine is a special talent who will always score goals no matter if he's doing nothing else. But I've got a simplistic view of football: get as many good players in the team as possible and then arrange your tactics around them.

I thought the same thing about Jorg Albertz. He always had the potential to score a goal from nothing so keep him in the team and on the park. Dick Advocaat (and plenty Bears) thought his overall contribution wasn't enough.

As for the refs, today Jermaine got booked for nothing. The big Hearts striker got away with persistent persistant fouling so I think the refs are already warming up to give him rhe treatment.

Back