Betting opinions

Wazza

2-0 Real Madrid on 60 minutes.

Both teams have 1 corner each.

Real Madrid 11/8
Draw 3/1
Alaves 5/4

are the prices for most corners.

This ain’t a tip or anything but I find it strange Real aren’t favs in that market. Been following it this week and they really seem to lean towards the team losing at the time. Last night Man U were 2-0 up at half time but only had 1 corner to Villas 2, Man U were 3/1 for most corners and ended up with 5 corners to Villas 3. Similar situation in the Brighton Liverpool match as well.

Any views on this?

I agree, it’s a bizarre one. Is it perhaps at 2up they might drop it a gear whilst the away team push for one back, therefore more likely to get more corners???

I agree, it’s a bizarre one. Is it perhaps at 2up they might drop it a gear whilst the away team push for one back, therefore more likely to get more corners???

They (365) seem to work off the theory that the team behind will be more likely to try and score and therefore be attacking more. It will be correct in some situations but not when you have a much better team winning. Followed it a few times but really noticed it this last month.

Strange ain’t it, you have Real clear fav to score next yet Alaves slight fav for next corner.

Not entirely. A lot of the team the team that wins the game loses the corner kick count, because it's the other team that have had to press for an equaliser or goal.

Luton beat Huddersfield tonight but Huddersfield had more corners. Similarly, Granada beat Sociedad but Sociedad had more corners. If it's a bet you do frequently, you want your team to be losing.

Not entirely. A lot of the team the team that wins the game loses the corner kick count, because it's the other team that have had to press for an equaliser or goal.

Luton beat Huddersfield tonight but Huddersfield had more corners. Similarly, Granada beat Sociedad but Sociedad had more corners. If it's a bet you do frequently, you want your team to be losing.

I agree with that about losing the corner count but I’m talking about how it runs in play really. Like who will win most corners from the point when the 1x2 (clear) fav is ahead by goals. It’s about picking the bet you deem value at the right time really. I just don’t agree that any team losing in the match is more likely to get more corners in the match from that point, 365 (and probably others) seem to really work off that for every match.

I agree with that about losing the corner count but I’m talking about how it runs in play really. Like who will win most corners at the point when the 1x2 fav is ahead by goals. It’s about picking the bet you deem value at the right time really. I just don’t agree that any team losing in the match is more likely to get more corners in the match from that point, 365 (and probably others) seem to really work off that for every match.

I don't really know - I don't have the statistics to hand. But you can bet that all of the online companies do.

I don't really know - I don't have the statistics to hand. But you can bet that all of the online companies do.

I work in the business myself and been told 365 try more and more to think about how the punter would think and then just limit anyone who picks them off. Say you’ve a 6/4 5/2 6/4 1x2 match and the away team go 1 up, most people would think the home team will go on the attack more and be more likely to get corners - so they become favs on corners at a poor price and the casual punter takes the poor price etc...

I like betting and statistics etc so it's a great post tbh. Something il keep an eye on, potential to do ok out it hopefully

Worth comparing corners prices across firms pre match as well, often seeing a team being evens plus 1 at one firm but the same price plus 2 elsewhere etc.... intriguing in play these markets.

Crazy the bets you can place nowadays. I struggle putting on a lucky 15 so stay well away from the special bets section on ma skybet account

The way teams play now backing corners is a tricky bet. Teams are quite happy to play the ball right back to their own keeper and start again rather than try and get to the bye line and cross in a hopeful ball.

The way teams play now backing corners is a tricky bet. Teams are quite happy to play the ball right back to their own keeper and start again rather than try and get to the bye line and cross in a hopeful ball.

I know what you mean by that and that’s how I always saw Arsenal under Wenger on this front till about 2008 and then they seemed to go against that grain and more and more hopeful balls were flung in.

Obviously stats plays a big part in this but in play there’s lots of variables to consider. Other week Norwich got 5 in the first 10 minutes v Southampton (pre match Southampton were favs for most) and you could back Southampton plus 5 as a result, ended up being 9 to 7 Norwich. A lot of people think every price a bookie offers must be correct but it’s just not true.

Crazy the bets you can place nowadays. I struggle putting on a lucky 15 so stay well away from the special bets section on ma skybet account

If your meaning all this on target/tackles made crap etc I don’t think they should be offered in all honesty - too hard to define. The twitter gambling generation have fallen for all that hook, line and sinker.

Reactions: 007
If your meaning all this on target/tackles made crap etc I don’t think they should be offered in all honesty - too hard to define. The twitter gambling generation have fallen for all that hook, line and sinker.
Yep hard enough to pick what team will win never mind who's getting the most throw ins! Sucked everyone in tho by making it all look and feel like a game n no gambling

Back