Betting suspended on Eddie Howe to that lot

I’d be okay with Howe going there. He’s a decent manager but it would be sign they are rebuilding from the bottom up. That should retake a year at least before they are challenging again. Hopefully by then Gerrard will have a couple of titles under his belt and good for the challenge.

No one on the bookies list that’s realistic gives me any fear. There’s not a Rodgers type . If they weren’t in meltdown I think they would go for a jack Ross but now I think they need someone to sell season tickets . Howe might do that

No one on the bookies list that’s realistic gives me any fear. There’s not a Rodgers type . If they weren’t in meltdown I think they would go for a jack Ross but now I think they need someone to sell season tickets . Howe might do that
Certainly social media suggests that Howe would be a season ticket seller. As you say Ross, O'Neill, Kennedy, even Keane wouldn't be. Clarke, maybe.

Clarke is a mental jakey. He knows how to set up a team not to lose but the pressure of having to win games every week would tip him over the edge.

It will be the same as the last recruit, someone who is fully familiar with the Celtic Way.

Could be a crash barrier then. They have become very familiar with the celtic way the past month or so.

A barrier to replace the mentally challenged.

I would be very surprised if Howe took the mentally challenged job I’m sure he will get a better club come the summer as the Manager Merry Go Round Appears and probably a EPL Club if he’s that good.

Howe is favourite to be the next mentally challenged manager on SkyBet. He is also their favourite to be the next Newcastle manager. Tells you all you need to know. Guesswork.

Howe would be a huge gamble (every pun intended) for them. He’d insist on clearing out the dross, which is multitudinous, and bringing in his own players. To do that is going to take a minimum of 2 transfer windows but he would be expected to be challenging SG from Day 1. That’s a circle that they can’t square currently with their financial position (my, how the tables have turned on that one) so they will have to flog their (few) assets which buying clubs will be aware of so their value shall be reduced.
Factor in Howe bringing in his own management team, another significant outlay, and the money required to get the present incumbents out the door and you’ve got a clusterf**k of financial negotiations to resolve.

The same could've been said when Gerrard joined us.

Rangers were far further behind than Celtic are currently.
The difference is Gerrard was trying to learn the job and perhaps felt the expectations weren’t quite as high. He is into his third season now after all.

Howe would never get three seasons without winning.

His stock is still high in England. Would he want to risk that? Either way, I’m not concerned with them hiring managers that are used to winning 1 game in 4 being deemed a success.

You’d think the scum would learn from Leicester ( the way they got chicklet teeth in to appraise things prior to pre season )?
Thing is a manager coming to us or them is different than down south.

He comes in losses the last two old firm games he gets a little leeway but not much loses the first one next year and he's already a dead man walking if they are not top of league.

Any manager is mad to take that job on until at least the summer

They could bring in a mega management team of Klopp, Mourinhio, Arrigo Sacchi and Conte.

Still doesnt change they have a hugh wage bill filled with utter shyte and their saleable assets are in the last 18 months of deals with no intention to extend and in a depressed market.

Stuck with shyte players on deals that make Baldes look like junior wages, no big income plans and a fan base looking to boycott.

F.u.cking bring it on, they would be better getting Lou Macari or Liam Brady as they are used to the levels they will be operating at

Let’s be honest, Howe has never managed a team the size of Celtic, and probably never will. A team where every game is expected to be a win, where you have to progress in Europe each year, when you have to beat your rivals at least twice a year.

He has managed teams while spending hundreds of millions. I can’t see how he could go to them, expect to clear out and create a squad, as well as topple us in a season with little money available.

Celtic fans will not allow us to run away with another season, and Champions League money while they rebuild. They are screwed one way or another, but Howe would be nuts to ruin his reputation he has with mid level EPL teams.

I suspect if Howe was interested and Celtic could afford him it would have been done by now. Non starter for me.

Lennon must stay

I quite liked the job he did at Bournemouth he would be off his rocker if he went to the Tim’s. They think he’s another Brendan Rodgers type but no chance is that happening.

Howe in my opinion would not know how to manage Celtic, his management has been the under dog team back to walls, catch on the break not attacking for 90% of the game in 90% of their matches

Howe is favourite to be the next mentally challenged manager on SkyBet. He is also their favourite to be the next Newcastle manager. Tells you all you need to know. Guesswork.
Sky also had Wilshere to us at like 1/5 and us as favourites for 2 or 3 months

Interesting people talking about him bringing in his own coaching staff, his old assistant is now the Bournemouth manager and vast majority of the coaches are still there. Would have to start from scratch without the guys he worked with for years and were no doubt considered part of his success.

Could mean Kennedy and Strachan being retained in their current roles, which would be good for us.

They currently have a mental jakey as manager - it's no barrier to entry.
Very true.

His defensive style would be though, the average mentally challenged would go mental having to watch their team play 1 man up front and pack the defence against Ross County at home.

Howe fits their preferred style. Hopefully he shits the bed though and stays in England. Things only went wrong for him at Bournemouth when he was given a tonne of money to spend, he got that badly wrong.

Very true.

His defensive style would be though, the average mentally challenged would go mental having to watch their team play 1 man up front and pack the defence against Ross County at home.

Howe fits their preferred style. Hopefully he shits the bed though and stays in England. Things only went wrong for him at Bournemouth when he was given a tonne of money to spend, he got that badly wrong.
He will be ok at Celtic then - they are skint.

'What he achieved is a miracle'

Former Bournemouth boss Harry Redknapp, who managed the club from 1983 to 1992 and took them into the second tier of English football for the first time in their history in 1987, predicts Howe will be "back in the Premier League soon".

He told BBC Radio 5 Live: "I am very surprised. I felt sure he would look to get the club back up next season. The job he has done has been incredible.

"He took a club struggling in the third tier into the championship - which was a miracle - and then into the Premier, which I thought was impossible to do.

"Then for five years he had us playing incredible football, beating everybody at different times - it has been amazing.

"The stadium only holds 11,000 people, they had no right to get in the Premier League. For 100 years they were never out of division three or four. No disrespect but it would be like Rochdale, or clubs like that, coming into Premier League. It has been incredible.

"It will not be an easy job to follow him. He could not have done any more, and walks away with his head held high."

Harry rates him very highly.

I still think Strachan has been approached. I’m close to someone at Dundee and when I asked him all he said was he can’t talk about it rather than a straight no .

Harry rates him very highly.
No wonder, you would be extremely silly to try and deny what Howe did there, bottom of league 2, to the EPL, and held their own for a few years as well.

I genuinely hope he stays in England and they go down the lazy route of a O’Neil/Keane style combo. Or even better, promote Kennedy. Or even Lego!

Very true.

I find it hard to understand why anyone is worried about this guy being their next manager, suppose you can never tell how well someone will adapt or perform in another country/league and he has a nice rep down there... i think a lot of it is down to how desperate England are to find some decent managers having watched Scots or foreign guys win almost all the titles since sky got involved.

Possibly only going by match of the day coverage my view is Howe isnt that more talented than the Aberdeen or Hibs manager.

Also see the stuff about him being some sort of coward is it even true ? sounds like it comes from some old fart doing an article on talksport website or taking calls on these dreadful phone ins they do, if anything he seems quite calm and the opposite of most celtic minded managers.

Its someone like Oneill i worry about simply because of the hatred and poison he brings, Lennon leaves yet things get much worse that would be incredibly sad for everyone in Scotland. Theres also the way bent refs will allow his teams to injure our players if they cant compete or win playing football.

Back