Betway bookies and problem gambling

People need to take some reaponsibilty for their own actions but further regulations for bookies also required. Know a few lads that are traders and the stories of how the system is rigged is immoral. Far too much money in the system now and difficult to change

yes it is dangerous but you can’t tell pubs to close near a alcoholics home and others have said people have all sorts of addictions like shopping but no one blames the shops

in my eyes he knew what he was doing. He’s a adult . He’s responsible. He knew he was stealing.

if you want to help yourself. You need to admit problem and start helping yourself

I'm not blaming any organisation. I agree completely with what you've said above. My comment was around understanding the motivation and the drivers that made him do that.

Tell you what I have found a bit strange this month walking about City Centres - the number of signs about "Dry January", most only meant as a laugh but some clearly trying to turn people away from this and basically get a session going. Obviously all marketing by firms is about getting people to spend on their product, just sits a bit funny that regarding Booze though to me - some people will have real problems caused by it and are trying to make a change for the better long term.

I've worked in Betting shops and now online for 17 years and seen all kinds of bad things. Had to step in on self exclusions sometimes involving mates and it is a horrible industry now, slowly things are being done about it but there really are people working in it who will do anything to make profit. I know one lad who actually worked in the game getting about 40k a year who did 90k in 9 months to 1 firm and was getting all kinds offered to him, vip days the lot - ended up nearly killing himself and went in to rehab 6 months ago. I have over 100 similar stories mind - sure most do who have worked in the business for a prolonged period.

Oh I’d win it mate some parts of the world would be dust and there would be a lot of death sentences occurring some without the need for a court case! ;) . Like I said in full control I’d win it.
Wow, so you'd win the war on drugs by decimating entire countries and wiping out millions of innocent people.
When it comes to justice (death sentences in your words) there is no evidence required other than your judgement.

You make trump seem Liberal

It scares me sometimes when I think of the slippery slope that I was on. Started betting small amounts on weekly football coupons to betting every night on football to betting on horses at weekends based on C4 morning line.
It could be argued I was addicted but probably a couple of steps short of being I. Free fall.
I still have a coupon on but it’s 50 quid deposited when I get paid and when it’s gone it’s gone. When I win, withdraw.
Nothing more I hate than the saying ‘playing with the bookies money’

Wow, so you'd win the war on drugs by decimating entire countries and wiping out millions of innocent people.
When it comes to justice (death sentences in your words) there is no evidence required other than your judgement.

You make trump seem Liberal
I said if it’s a war you fight to win mate no marquis of Queensberry rules. Fight to win. Trump is quite liberal on somethings.

I know people don’t want my pity but feel heart felt sorry for some you see standing in bookies as you walk passed, desperate for a win. In my view it’s a mugs game but you can still enjoy it if you can control it

It scares me sometimes when I think of the slippery slope that I was on. Started betting small amounts on weekly football coupons to betting every night on football to betting on horses at weekends based on C4 morning line.
It could be argued I was addicted but probably a couple of steps short of being I. Free fall.
I still have a coupon on but it’s 50 quid deposited when I get paid and when it’s gone it’s gone. When I win, withdraw.
Nothing more I hate than the saying ‘playing with the bookies money’

Complete bollocks 99999/100000 times you hear that saying mate.

Back